PDA

View Full Version : exercise

MG1988
09-18-2010, 03:32 PM
does anybody have difficulty exercising since they been suffering from anxiety? problem with me is im always focused on my heart, seems like it dont like 2 beat fast! any activity makes me feel so ill.

jj1983
09-18-2010, 06:59 PM
YES YES Me too, mine feels to beat TOO FAST even when just getting up and walking around at home.

tconnorbok
09-18-2010, 09:26 PM
My theropist told me lifting weights was the best way to handle anxiety. Just don't over do it. I also think walking at a fast pace has helped. It took me about 2 weeks before I really started to noticed a difference. My anxiety start to calm down and the feel is now not there at all when I work out and walk for about 2 miles. It doesn't totally fix the problem but it does help. It also helps me sleep.

ThePhoenix
09-19-2010, 05:12 AM
Its a pretty common concern people have over exercise, thankfully its not one that I have had but your not alone at all! Exercise is proven to help reduce anxiety overtime, it doesnt always work for me but sometimes it does. It definitely helps to reduce it though.

forwells
09-19-2010, 06:16 AM
Howdy

Very common with anxiety and there is only one way to do it and that is to do it .

Your not scared of the exercise but only of your heart rate . Heart rates are meant to rise when you exercise so if you do it and get use to it as normal you will not be worried by it any more
cheers kev

MG1988
09-19-2010, 02:32 PM
thanks guys, i used 2 be so active. its not that my hr goes fast its more forceful. i just cant help thinking its not functioning as it should, and im so scared 2 do anything incase i do have a problem and il make it worse. had ecg but that was whilst resting doctor will not put me in 4 anymore tests as he thinks im fine. i dont know what 2 do i just dont think its normal.