PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble wiping butts...seriously

nervousbutterflies
09-10-2010, 09:45 PM
so i have been orienting as a nurse aide for about 2-3 weeks at my new job and today was my first day i was on my own.it was nerve racking. i answered someones call bell and he said he had a bad bowel movement and needed help taking off his dirty pants. I went in to his room and starting gagging soo bad and almost vomitted. i even had vicks under my nose which didnt work. How am i supposed to get over disgusting smelly poop i almost throw up at the sight and smell of it. But i love helping take care of the elderly!?!?!

anything that could help me get over it?

ThePhoenix
09-10-2010, 10:53 PM
so i have been orienting as a nurse aide for about 2-3 weeks at my new job and today was my first day i was on my own.it was nerve racking. i answered someones call bell and he said he had a bad bowel movement and needed help taking off his dirty pants. I went in to his room and starting gagging soo bad and almost vomitted. i even had vicks under my nose which didnt work. How am i supposed to get over disgusting smelly poop i almost throw up at the sight and smell of it. But i love helping take care of the elderly!?!?!

anything that could help me get over it?

I would expect it would be like anything, you would get used to it in time.

Robbed
09-11-2010, 04:55 AM
I would expect it would be like anything, you would get used to it in time.

This is true. With time, you become desensitized to strong, unpleasant odors like poop.

jj1983
09-12-2010, 09:04 AM
It is bad, I babysit my friends son and I never have an issue wiping my kids but someone ELSE'S child..ugh. I about throw up

nervousbutterflies
09-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I really hope I can get over it because I would feel soo soo terrible to throw up on someone they would feel sooo embarressed.

I guess it is different though if you are wiping your kid vs. Some other kid.
Poop is just gross when its not ur loved ones or your own! Blah I might gag thinking about it