PDA

View Full Version : New symptom IBS?? PLEASE HELP

mhdwjw
09-07-2010, 02:53 PM
This last week I have convinced myself that I have developed IBS, maybe I have maybe I havn't. I wake up in the morning very anxious (especially after some horrible dreams) and within 20 minutes feel 'the urge' to go and get bad pains in the tummy. It is stressing me out. My bowel feels so sensitive and I am loosing weight fast. Do you think this is just an anxiety symptom?? And will it go away as the anxiety goes away? Has anyone experienced similar? I am scared that this is IBS and will have it for life.

Itzomi
09-07-2010, 03:01 PM
It could be anxiety - a reaction to your bad dreams.

If it is IBS, it's certainly not something horrible. It can be managed.

jj1983
09-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I too do this and its anxiety not IBS.. The nearves will do a toll on your entire system

forwells
09-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Howdy

Short answer yes it will go away

Its justthe same as someone who is nervous saying they have butterflies in the stomach

cheers kev

ThePhoenix
09-08-2010, 12:16 AM
This last week I have convinced myself that I have developed IBS, maybe I have maybe I havn't. I wake up in the morning very anxious (especially after some horrible dreams) and within 20 minutes feel 'the urge' to go and get bad pains in the tummy. It is stressing me out. My bowel feels so sensitive and I am loosing weight fast. Do you think this is just an anxiety symptom?? And will it go away as the anxiety goes away? Has anyone experienced similar? I am scared that this is IBS and will have it for life.
It's a normal fear response, it's part of the fight or flight mechanism that effectively is making your body lighter. If I feel upset or anxious then your can bet the tummy pains will come along just after! If you ignore them and remind yourself that it's only being brought on by anxiety they will pass.