PDA

View Full Version : changing medications

kim
05-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi all, Kim from Australia here. Just thought I would let you all know that I am currently going off my medication of 17yrs and about to start a new one. Dropped off by half for first two days and then am to go with nothing for three, and then can start new med. Am going from Prothiadon (which is old school apparently) onto Zotolf (I think it's called). This is my first day on nothing and so far (touch wood) it's not as bad as I thought it would be. In other words I don't feel any worse and whilst I am not going anywhere at the moment I'm not having any major attacks. I do feel a bit strange, light headed or maybe it's heavy headed, and having aching in my chest and a kind of acidy feeling in my stomach but like I said it's not what I thought it would be. I think maybe that's because I've been on the other stuff so long that perhaps it had gotten to the stage where it really wasn't doing anything for me anymore. I'm also getting family and friends to look after my two little boys so that relieves alot of stressful anxious moments. Anyhow will let you know how I get on. Wish me luck.

leftie15
05-19-2006, 10:24 PM
hey kim i am also getting ready to start zoloft so far its been trail and error for i gave up on ssri for awhile and would just take a klonpin when needed but like my doc said i have made great steps towards recovery but i need to try sumthin so i put my faith in her and decided to try this i'm really hoping it works this will be my forth med so i hope things go well for you and i shall also let u know know how it makes me feel too good luck have a good day