PDA

View Full Version : I have Returned

scatmantom
04-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Hey every1, ive been away for a while, but i just wanna say how ive been getting on.

About 3 weeks ago my grand father died unexpectedly, and it came as a shock, but i was ok in terms of anxiety about the whole thing. However when i learned that all 19 grand children where going to be present at the funeral i started to get nervous. I hadnt seen most of them in years, and i new i would be expected to go out with them to catch up.

I had to fake illness to avoid going out on 1 night, and had to leave early another night from a pub, because anxiety got too much for me. However nobody knew this was the reason for my exit. The funeral went really well and he got a great send off.

After that I had a week in a differnt part of ireland where my dad is from, this was difficult as the place was full of memories of my other grand parents, and they have been dead for many years. After that i returned home to essex/london and had a week there, it was ok but i didnt manage to go out socially once at home. I feel as tho im stuck in a routine and i cant get any further with this anxiety. I know i have made great progress, i have moved out and im holding down a job, but i jsut dont think im getting any nearer to getting over this condition. Does any1 relate to any of this?

shoe
04-23-2006, 12:47 AM
welcome back tom, good to hear from ya again =)

Sorry about your grandfather. Thats too bad :(

Its good to hear that you were able to make it through some tough situations, you should try to remember those the most and congratulate yourself on your successes more than focus on any setbacks.

As far as the routine thing.. I'm right there with you.. not making any progress, just kinda stuck in the routine of going to work, going home, to college, and home again hehe.. I don't socialize with people really, and I don't see a psychologist or whatnot. I do hope to go to a group SA meetup in NYC in the summer though. I think that might help break the routine for me.

scatmantom
04-24-2006, 12:57 PM
well horrible that you have to endure it too, but it is comforting to know that we are not alone in fighting this.

I wish you all the best in NYC with that meeting, a group thing is an ideal way to get through it I imagine.