PDA

View Full Version : Face the Fear or Avoidance (you choose)

constantworrier
03-23-2006, 01:56 PM
HI I am now to this forum. I have had GAD anxiety on and off for the last 7 years I would like to ask the forum about "Face the Fear" or Avoidance option . At the end of the day those are the only real options apart from taken meds. My question is which one? Why should I face the fear when my anxiety gets worse ( I can have bouts of anxiety for over a year) when I can avoid all people place and things and have a better chance of pulling out of this ( I think) I know what people say about being a quitter and "dealing" with it and this effects me too but when you have this thing going on for over a year with out no sign of improvement. The big temptation is to cut yourself off

Bridgie
03-23-2006, 02:02 PM
I see where you are coming from Worrier, but I would have to say "Face the Fear" no matter how difficult it seems. The more we face our fears, the easier it becomes, and avoidance makes it more difficult. Hang in there and try to face your fears one little step at a time. Read Angels posts to see how he has faced his fears and how well he is improving!