PDA

View Full Version : want to cut back on alcohol but dont know if i can

Jono_aussie
03-19-2006, 06:33 PM
hey people, i guess im like a fair few people when i get anxiety i seem to turn the the alcohol, but i wanna try to cut down but i feel like i might not be able to every time i try to stop for a few days i get weird mixed emotion feelings aswell as light headed to wehre i feel i might faint, and i feel depressed aswell as anxious, is this the withdrawals from alcohol or just me thinking im gonna get anxiety if i stop drinking??

leftie15
03-19-2006, 06:36 PM
its probably a mixture mean depending how often u drink if u drink a real lot yea your gonna have some withdrawl but the anxiety of just tryin is tough to know when i quit smoking pot i had the same problem but in the end its worth 've been clean for 6months now and i feel better 'd say go for it and don't look back it will pass

Jono_aussie
03-19-2006, 06:47 PM
^ yeah your right, they say valium is good for alcohol withdrawal too hey? i guess ill just take that whenever i get the symptoms

calebjohnston
03-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Don't take medicine to cope for withdrawal of alcohol, that's a really bad idea - unless you're a trained medical professional and you know what you're doing. You could easily create a dependency on the new medicine to replace the alcohol addiction. You need to simply slowly reduce how much you drink, and then stop all together. Dump it all down the sink, and get friends to help you in not doing it anymore - they'll be very important in this.

Jono_aussie
03-20-2006, 07:33 PM
^ most of my friends drink so i guess there wont be much help there, but i dont take the valium every day just when needed,

Angel
03-23-2006, 04:35 AM
Maybe you are just a depressed and anxious person, nowadays.

I was about to go to bed but i needed to post in this one as well.

I hadnt been kompletely sober since i was 9 years old, with smoking pot and then moving on to alcohol,cocaine, and shrooms.

Well i have a very addiktive personality sometimes so i went overboard with all these substances. But im not going to sit here and tell you, "Drug-free is the way to be, i hate that i used to do all this..blablahblah"

I had some very good times, plus i learned about alot of things
during my early teenage years that most people dont learn until they get out of high school.

I od'd on coke and ever since then i had panick attacks everytime i was out of my mind. So that led me to quit it and also pot and shrooms, kause i no longer felt the relaxation i had felt ,before.

So i just drank a whole bunch. I binged it for about...two years. Woke up, drak whatever i had left from passing out the early morning before, gotto school and then go to a friends house right after klass (sometimes between) at ten in the morning and drank until i had to get on the bus at three thirty to be at work at four....then kame back home and drank with my parents until i passed out and repeated the process.

I think its safe to say that i was an alcoholik and all it did was shield what i was REALLY feeling bekause i was just drunk all the time and i didnt even know what the hell i was feeling half the time.

But i quit it VERY sudden. Just like that. Its hard at first, im not going to lie, but i got through it.

Now ive been sober for seven months, going on eight.

ALL my friends drink and smoke out, my parents chill at home and drink, so its ALWAYS available to me. But i still dont do it and i dont plan on doing it soon.

Im not saying quitting kold turkey is the way to go, either. If i wanted i kould drink socially, but i would rather not right now. I need to get my fucking things straightened out. That komes later later.

bye.

Jono_aussie
03-23-2006, 03:45 PM
^ damn that must of been rough, so how did u give up all them drugs and the drink? did u just go cold turkey?

leftie15
03-23-2006, 04:41 PM
i knoiw where angel is comin from i did the sme thing i wasn't gettin that relaxin feeling anymore so i did quit cold turkey it is rough to begin your anxiety wllbe high but if ustart it u minesas welldo through with it i mean it isdefently worth i love bing sober know i just feel better but like angel i don't regret doing the drinking and drugs because i had good times but that wasthen and this now i think u should go for it

kevin
04-02-2006, 09:26 PM
alcohol is a temporary fix for anxiety, but the truth is alcohol and cigarette and drug withdrawal (even weed) causes anxiety.

scatmantom
04-03-2006, 08:03 AM
booze is good on the night, but for me personnally, the next day is terrible, I get seriously depressive and anxious.

Angel
05-07-2006, 07:35 AM
^ damn that must of been rough, so how did u give up all them drugs and the drink? did u just go cold turkey?

Well at first i quit drugs kause they made me feel weird in a bad way. I was still around it, but i remembered how they made me feel before, then i never had the desire to try them again. Even on my good days, i just passed everything to the other person and chilled or jammed on my guitar.

Then, later on, i quit drinking at first kause my anxiety was at an all time peak. Then i started drinking when io thought i had overkame it. But then i didnt, so i quit entirely. And once again, im always around it, but i just think "Do i want to be drunk and risk feeling bad or just fucking have a good time without it and know that my brain is the only thing kontrolling my body."

and its kool kause, after each gig i do, im always getting offered beers, and im like "hey, thanks ,man." Then i walk away and give it to one of my friends, and they are like "hey, thanks man".

Nice to do that.

Jono_aussie
07-10-2006, 08:03 PM
ok ive been sober about 26 days now i just went cold turkey, i did feel a bit dry in the mouth and a bit anxoius and spaced out when i just stopped, but hey is withdrawal symtoms worser than anixety? i doubt it, so now ive stopped drinking, Havent smoked a ciggerette for 4 years havent smoked weed in 6 years, but still struggeling to kick the anxiety and agoraphobia, but ive been getting cognitive behavoul therapy and it seems to be helping a bit aswell, its a slow porcess but im getting there hopefully :?

scatmantom
07-29-2006, 01:38 PM
glad to hear u are staying clean and finding success. Good luck