PDA

View Full Version : Supplements?

JasonTodd
02-24-2010, 12:25 PM
I was just curious if anyone else here took supplements on the regular to help manage their general anxiety? I have met a couple of people who swear by inosital(sp) powder and fish oil, although they said that these are long term strategies that take 6 months+ to show any real benefits.

I've been trying out a few things lately: kava kava, valerian, chamomile, etc. These have been in combination with the zoloft and ativan that I take on a daily basis (100 mgs and 1 mg respectively).

Basically, I drink a cup of kava kava tea combined with 1 mg of generic melatonin every night to go to sleep. The Kava tea comes from a company called Yogi tea and it's the strongest one I've found yet.

Kava comes on in about 20 minutes and I can tell a HUGE difference when I take it. It feels like the nagging--I don't know--URGE to notice/be aware of my body anxiety is reduced. I sit back and chill, read a book or play a lil WOW for about an hour while the melatonin starts to work it's ay through my system. Once the melatonin hits me it is usually lights out

The other thing I've been trying is this combination product called Somadin. It's got l-theanine and valerian root in it. I've only been taking it for about a week now (at lunch) and it augments/emulates? the effects of my ativan. Body anxiety/urgent OCD thoughts reduce by I'd say 30-40 percent throughout the day. I'm very happy with this one.

Have you guys had any experience with herbals like this?

stoptheanxiety
06-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey Jason, just curious if you have talked to your doctor about mixing your medication with natural supplements. Some supplements like Kava should not be mixed if your taking a benzodiazepines (zoloft).

andrila
07-13-2010, 08:45 AM
No doubt that supplement help to gain health but it is also too compulsory that it should be suggested by a good physician how to take the dose which differs the health effect gently.
I'll just suggest you to take any physician suggestion before taking any supplement for you good health 8)

johnysmith0009
09-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Your information Will help people like me who are searching this kind of information. Every one can share their thoughts about it. According to me i think that One of the most common effects for supplements to claim is the ability to increase your muscle mass.

anxietyzen
10-04-2010, 08:25 AM
I used to take Kava Kava for a while when my anxiety kept me up at night. It certainly helped me dose off.

Never helped me during daytime hours though because it made me so drowsy.

jj1983
10-08-2010, 05:03 PM
I just saw this post, it is crazy I also do the melatonin,3mg and yogi kava stress relief tea. Those work well together, be sure to put 2 tea bag in!

I dont take any meds,yet.

Robbed
10-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Hey Jason, just curious if you have talked to your doctor about mixing your medication with natural supplements. Some supplements like Kava should not be mixed if your taking a benzodiazepines (zoloft).

Actually, in this case, the benzodiazepine that he is taking is Ativan. Zoloft is an SSRI antidepressant.

NewWaveBallet
10-26-2010, 11:08 AM
I think I found the right combination for a substitute for klonopin and a few other benzos...

Live4Happiness
11-23-2010, 07:56 PM
I think I found the right combination for a substitute for klonopin and a few other benzos...

Which is...