PDA

View Full Version : my story

Jono_aussie
03-16-2006, 06:01 PM
i am new to this forum and have been suffering from anxiety since i was around 11 ( i am 20 now) and am on medication (avanza 30mg) and valium (only when required) and still seem to get anxiety on a daily basis, im thinking should i up my dose or see the doc to see if he can put me on something else that might help.. does anyone have any suggestions??? the last few years i have turned to alcohol because it seemed to help with the anxiety while i was drunk but had bad anxiety the next day..so should i start from the start??

well i first experienced anxiety at a young age, and i also experimented with marijuana which brought the anxiety on because i use to "trip out" bad while on it i started smoking it at age 12 and gave up at age 14 thats when i started drinking, when i was younger i use to worry that i might get cancer or a deases just from watching a movie or show which showed someone with a dease now my anxiety attacks come on when i get a hangova from drinking or when im around people i think i also suffer from social anxiety because when im around people i dont know i get very nervous and light headed, also i sometimes worry someone may have put something in my drink which gives me anxiety also i worry that i may have a heart attack for no reason (i am slightly overweight though) also i get these weird thoughts what i thought was depression but i was told by a pychitrtist (sorry about the spelling) that it wasn't ..the other feelings i get are like hopelessness, and i also feel different to other people like do we all think the same do we all act the same etc... im also confused alot of the time i dont know what i wanna do in life but the pshycitrist told me im self centred, also i cant travel i have a kinda fear when i travel like i feel insecure when i travel and i keep thinking if i leave home its gonna bring on the anxiety...or when i get to where im going i think i feel weird here i need to go or get out of here and head home but i am fine when im just walkin around my own town sometimes the anxiety comes on for no reason, sometimes i may think of something and it may worry me

and i also get a weird feeling in my guts like butterflies which feels like im outkasted or different, like a guilty type feeling for no reason does anyone know what this means???

any help would be good thanx

Jono_aussie
03-16-2006, 06:22 PM
also i i just wanna add can anxiety stop someone from having a relationship??? i've never had a g/f before just cause i feel nervous or afraid to get close to them, i also feel like im ugly and that no girls like me... i was told i have low self esteem, and a lack of cinfidence is there away i can boost my confidence and maybe get a g/f???

caseman
03-16-2006, 06:29 PM
hey jono welcome to the forum i can relate to what u are saying i too got anxiety from smoking weed, if i were you i would def. quit the drinking it def. does help while ur drunk but u said it urself after u feel even worse so i would first stop that. i also have a severe fear of people putting something in my drink its one of my biggest fears. i also used to not be able to watch a show with people on it who had a disease cuz i would also think i would get that. and the butterflys thing in ur gut...dont worry about it i get it all the time as do alot of people nothin to worry about. there are tons of people here to talk to and its an awesome forum and has helped me tremendously hope it does the same for you, ttyl - Casey

Jono_aussie
03-16-2006, 06:50 PM
thanx for the welcome im glad there is people on here that can relate to me,

with the thought that someone has put something in your drink, what do u do?? i often throw the drink away or just tell myself that they wouldn't do that to me"

and i really wanna give up drinking but i feel like i might not be able to, plus if it feels like thats the only way i can be socialable, like i said i also have a phobia of people so when i drink it seems to go away and i feel more comfortable around people... but could i just slow down or just have a few lite beers??

Jono_aussie
03-16-2006, 07:00 PM
i also wanted to add my biggest fear is of death and dying

kem
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
hi!

I feel like crying after reading your story. I know what its like to have anxiety. I developed really bad anxiety around 18 (i'm 24 now) but, looking back, i realized i have social anxiety and separation anxiety since i was a young child.

at 18 i developed panic attacks, agorophobia and OCD. fun stuff :tongue:

but seriously...i can help you. or rather...the Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety can help. I promise...this is what will end your anxiety worries.

I'm so sorry to hear you've had to be on medication. i was put on zoloft and it helped some but not all. so, i went off it and i got worse again 6 months later.

my mother ordered the midwest center tapes for me and they have been a complete saving grace! i do not work for them so this is just my honest plea to get people to try this program.

you can find their information online and i beg you to PLEASE PLEASE go to their website and investigate. you can even order a free audio cassette to get a feel for what their program has to offer.

its a do-it yourself, self-help program. there are 15 tapes ( or cd's) and you listen to one each week. each tape has a topic which is discussed at length and in depth. you listen to that tape several times a week and do the little exercises in the corresponding workbook.

i can't recommend this enough. i've urged family, friends and complete strangers really to try it and no one believes me. they're too skeptical and disappointed as they've tried medications and several types of therapists and counselors and nothings worked so they've gotten defeated and hopeless.

I PROMISE this will work for you! and anyone who has anxiety or depression. my famous quote that i tell everyone is that people of the soundest, healthiest minds would benefit from the fascinating information, facts, knowlege and life skills this program teaches you.

WOW! sounds like i'm in a cult huh the way i'm raving on and on?! :tongue: but, truely this program is amazing and i promise it will work.

PLEASE please just go to the website and order the free cassette.

take my advice as i'm someone who due to their help, is on the otherside of anxiety and depression and doing so very well. i graduated college (after losing several semesters to panic attacks) have a good job, started rock climbing and running (am currently training for a marathon) and even went to New Zealand this summer with 45 complete strangers for a month and had the time of my life!!!!!

please look into the MIDWEST CENTER FOR STRESS AND ANXIETY!!!

scatmantom
04-25-2006, 04:18 PM
hey and welcome jono

I can relate to what you say as well. I started gettin anxiety when i was 11 also. However i never smoked pot or anthing so that wasnt the cause for me. (i honestly dont know what the cause was for me, maybe im just an anxious person). I had sessions with a psycologist, and that was great, but ive not been for several months now, and I dont think Im making any further improvements. I totally get what you say about traveling, I cant go anywhere far without worrying about "what if this happens" "what if i cant get home" "what if what if what if".

All I can say is try and find something to take your mind off the anxiety. A hobby, writing or reading, or even coming on the forum and reading loads of the old posts from way back when, thats what I do sometimes when i feel terrible

Hope that was of some help. (btw im not on any medication, but there are some times where i think it would be useful for example b4 major exams. Anxiety in exams definatly effects my score, i dont know if any medicine will help to calm me down)

sworovski
05-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Hi Guys,

My sister first got anxiety at 11 shes 27 now.. i never understood her while we were growing up, she used to say she was scared, she was never smiling....she took tablets that didnt work....our parents didnt undertand being europene they tried to hide what was wrong beacuse they thought it wasnt normal for an 11 year to go through this.......

Any my anxiety started this year jan, im 23, this is gonna sound stupid but i was watching scary movies that were true storys and kept thinking what if this happens to me, i got a terrible fear, i couldnt sleep, every time i was just about to fall to sleep i would wake up with fear, sweat, couldnt breath propally.......

I dont beleive in any tablets that doctors prescribe.My friends on one and shes still feeling uneasy at times, what has helped for me is, im seeing a natropath thats giving me herbal medicine to ease those butterflys in the stomach, drops to put under my tongue, im going yoga once a week at the moment but im gonna try and go more often, it really is great for the body, and im starting meditation as well.......also positive affirmations.....

you cant just have tablets and expect the whole thing to go away, thats not curing the anxiety that putting a BLANKET over it, once you go off the tablets its all gonna come back, my friend is scared that once she goes off the tablets she says what if it comes back, thats fear so when she goes off it, it will slowly come back!!!!

you have to do all that it takes, your ure own doctor!! get out there my yoga instructor thought she was having a mental breakdown she turned to yoga four times a week for about 6 months straight and it all went away, i asked her if she took anything else she said NO!! after then she has her own YOGA studio....shes soo happy that she went through what she did..otherwise she wouldnt be a YOGA instructor..........

i know how hard it is , i went throught!!! THANKFULLY i done something about it straigt away....please dont feel embarressed to go doctor, or a counceler....this is very normal, Please i strongly urge people not to take drugs for the body.....

Allot of people r going through this, but there too scared to admit it.
Change of lifestyle is number one anxiety trigger!!!
If your suffering from anxiety still , do not leave your stomach empty!! do not watch scary movies, avoid coffee, tea!!!

I feel soo much better now,i still have slip ups, but i keep reminding myself this is normal, all our bodies work the same...... if i didnt go through anxiety, i wouldnt have started YOGA, i wouldnt even think about starting Meditation,

Forget getting into NATURAL MEDICINE!!! everything happens for a reason you might not feel its a good thing at the start but in the end you will see the results.......(hopefully)

who knows i love YOGA soo much i might get into my own buisness!!! (life sometimes takes u in another direction)

i really hope this helps some people out there!!!