PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/Depression

Confus3d
01-24-2010, 04:54 PM
I've always been a bit anxious and unable to deal with certain situations ever since I was a kid. I've ran into different symptoms such as vomits, difficulty breathing, headaches and a few more that I can't remember of now.
I've felt those in some bad moments of my life when I was younger, but at some point it looked like I was way better, but later on, some situations lead me into the most severe part of anxiety (depression).
I've been feeling very anxious and depressed these last months (3 or 4), but this wasn't caused by any specific moment, I guess it was just all the crap thats been happening lately in my life (such as having really bad grades, knowing I was gonna fail and then quitting school, plus being unemployed).
I'm trying a psychologist for 3 weeks now, but it just doesn't seem to be helping that much. Whenever I'm with friends having a great time, I can 'forget' about most of my anxiety/depression, but as soon as I'm alone, I start having weird thoughts (such as 'life doesn't make sense) , and I start feeling depressed.
Also, my heartbeat rate goes up like hell and I get all shakey, plus a few more symptoms such as headaches.

Any ideas/suggestions? :(

Andrew
01-25-2010, 10:43 AM
The sessions with your psychologist will be most beneficial from the experience you can get from each other, not the exact topics or information you may share. what you talk about is important, leave that to her/him, but what you can experience will do the re-wiring.

Also try BINAURAL AUDIO. read about it, then try it. It helped me so much.

Hope this can help.

Andrew

Confus3d
01-25-2010, 02:04 PM
The sessions with your psychologist will be most beneficial from the experience you can get from each other, not the exact topics or information you may share. what you talk about is important, leave that to her/him, but what you can experience will do the re-wiring.

Also try BINAURAL AUDIO. read about it, then try it. It helped me so much.

Hope this can help.

Andrew

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Just a question, does I-Doser have anything to do with binaural audio?

Confus3d
01-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Well uhm... any more hints besides binaural audio?

unnerved
01-27-2010, 09:42 AM
I have tried a wide variety of different self-help methods, and the one that has worked best for me is reading through the works of Dr. Claire Weekes. Especially "Hope and Help for your Nerves". I have a lot of other information and stories, including reviews of programs that I have tried, on my blog. The link is in my signature.

Andrew
01-27-2010, 09:51 AM
That's good info unnerved.

...Confused... your mind affects brain chemistry; your brain chemistry affects your mind! Read up on Neurotransmitters: Knowledge of our condition is enlightening and can be curative. Also try a helping hand from omega 3 capsules, or eat more oily fish. The brain needs as much nourishment as it can in these hard times.

Andrew

MikeJsimon
03-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Depression medication is normally a short-term course of action and should always be monitored closely for effects and side effects. Talk therapy is counseling in different forms, individually, group or a combination of both.
Self-help is another great treatment option. With relaxation techniques such as yoga, persons suffering from anxiety can learn to calm themselves.

Quoted from:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Anxiety-Depression---Its-More-Than-Just-Fear&id=3752941

Namrata
04-01-2010, 02:54 AM
Well in this condition if a person is depressed then he/she gets vomiting and even feels very dizzy so, it is very important to over come from this situation by being positive and meditation is also worth to deal with this situation.

Thanks

Francoise
08-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Hello!
My first post here!

I would like to share that the Master Key System worked wonders for me. It's free online and if you cant get hold of it, ask me!
It's an excellent tool!

Hope that helps!

stanelyshane
08-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Well, in the depression person should make the schedule for the daily routine. And also require to start the medication exercise which helps to control on the thoughts and avoid the stress and worries. Also that is require to keep in mind to different activities which you like.

Francoise
11-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Hello,
I have just read a new scientific report that claims and demonstrates that the result of these scientists finding can cure 95% of all stress;

It is a fairly long report but in short, it explains that the mind is NOT the main cause of these negative emotions but are problems related to the emotional center of the heart.
It also claims that 95% of our negative emotions lay behind the surface, explains how the the 3 centres of the body, the mental, the heart and the lower belly (called the hara in some cultures), emit “electromagnetic fields” which have been measured.
The heart centre alone emits an electro-magnetic energy field up to 5000 times more powerful then the field generated by the brain!
And that balancing the 3 centers can put us on the way to radiant health and well-being
So... I'll go along with that and see!

Jelo
01-28-2011, 11:05 PM
When you feel uncomfortable/anxiety/depressed, try to involve yourself in you hobbies or interesting stuffs like listening music, reading book etc.. Do some yoga, exercises, meditation, it could help you come out from anxiety...

meganjo
02-18-2011, 03:32 AM
Lifestyle changes are simple but powerful tools in treating depression. Sometimes they might be all you need. Even if you need other treatment, lifestyle changes go a long way towards helping lift depression. And they can help keep depression at bay once you are feeling better.