PDA

View Full Version : I`m new and I`m afraid.

miikak
03-09-2006, 05:17 AM
Hi! I`m 24 years old man from Finland. I have a loooong history with anxiety, and espesially physical symptoms. I`m a hypocondriac (or how it`s written) and I`m worried about cancers, MS etc all the time.

I have this symptom, and it`s driving me crazy!: I have weird upper right stomach sensation. It`s been many months now. I have visited doctors many times with this, but they say it`s nothing serious. I cant stop worrying!!! I`m thinking about this 24/7 :oops:

heeeeeelp!

miikak
03-13-2006, 07:43 PM
So, no help. I`m gonna kill myself now. goodbye.

leftie15
03-13-2006, 09:36 PM
wow wow hang on there pal no need to get crazy dude its anxiety get help itscommon i know it sucks now but with some help u can conquer it i had the same problem you did man i've gotten ova them with perseverence or wutta it is its beatable i mean u can't let sumthin like stupid thoughts ruin your life u gotta be stronger than it are u on any meds or in therapy i think u really need some help i've done it and it made a world of difference hang in there man u got so much to live for i know it soundscorny but its true just take a deep breath and take a look at life the swky the trees life is a beautiful thng u get one shot don't let this ova take u be strong man

scatmantom
03-14-2006, 10:45 AM
i hope you didnt do anything stupid

Welcome to the forum, you have to realise that this board isnt busy like some others you might have seen. This is a smaller more intimate group, and it has many benefits. You just have to be patient when waiting for replies.

Ive also got the issues you worry about, i often get the idea my drink has been spiked and it drives me crazy. All i can advise is to be assured doctors are brilliant intelligent people and if like u say you have been many times, hten im sure there is nothing seriously wrong with you.

onesickfish
03-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey miikak

I know that its probably no help to say that its very normal for someone experiencing severe anxiety to have stomach pains, i think it might be something to do with the adrenaline affecting your digestive system, i certainly know that a friend of mine experiencing anxiety developed IBS.

I can totally sympathise with how you're feeling, for about sixth months I truly believed i had a brain tumour and nobody could convince me otherwise. It such a catch 22 situation when your anxiety produces physical symptoms and then you start being anxious about your physical symptoms.

I think what helped the most was the fact that my counsellor took me very seriously, and instead of telling me everything was going to be fine, suggested that i see a doctor. When i felt like someone was actually listening to me and 'in my corner' so to speak, it made things a lot easier.

If i were you i'd go back to my doctor (its what hes there for!!) and explain exactly what you just did to us. But be prepared to listen to him/her, there's no point in going to see a doctor if you won't believe their conclusions.