PDA

View Full Version : There is relief for anxiety disorder!

Freebird
03-08-2006, 01:08 PM
I have suffered from generalized anxiety disorder my whole life, but it was not diagnosed until I started psychotherapy. Years of therapy helped, but minimally. When you have this illness, you have a chemical imbalance in your brain. If it is bad enough, you need medication to feel better. You don't realize how bad :cry: you really feel until you actually feel fine. :D

AND YOU CAN FEEL BETTER. I feel so passionate about this topic that I have a blog about it. I want all of you who are tortured by worry and anxiety and the depression that comes along with it to know that there is help out there. If therapy isnt enough. please consider seeing a psychiatrist about anti-anxiety medication. Read my blog to share my journey. www.myanxietyblog.com (http://www.myanxietyblog.com). I welcome discussion about this.

Please don't think you are doomed to a life with anxiety disorder.

lmc618
03-09-2006, 07:49 PM
please tell me more about beth. I used to take Prozac and I felt good while i was taking it. then i went off it. now i am soooo bad...Im anxious, agoraphobic, depressed....I am soooo stuck right now. I dont have health insurance but I still have a big bottle of prozac. Im sooo scared to take it though because I dont want to risk a stroke or a heart attack or something like that. I am starting to develope agoraphobia. Ive always had anxiety....Ive been dealing with it on and off for about 8 years now...and im only 21. Recently though, I can barely leave the house by myself because I live really close to the hospital and I dont feel safe if I cant go there when I have a panic attack. I feel like if I go out with people I dont know...or even my friend...they cant take me to the hospital if I need to! Ive had this fear of my car lately. I have an old mini van...but lately I feel like when I drive im going to enhale all these toxic fumes and Im going to die driving or right after driving. So I can barely drive my car. I used to borrow my boyfriends car. Or I would drive to work and feel anxious about it the rest of the day at work.... so I stopped wanting to go to work. Ive had a few panick attacks at work and found it hard to get out...so Ive been slacking a bit at work. Today I almost quit because I was so anxious about going. So I was late...and I got suspended for a week without pay. Now Im still dreading next thursday when I have to go to work. I stayed inside allll day! I cancelled my counseling appointment because I didnt want to drive there in my car alone because it is far from a hospital. And I cancelled my doctor appointment today because I didnt want to drive there alone and get my blood taken and have some kind of bad reaction happen. I have no idea what I should do!!!! Nothing seems to be working...Im scared of everything...Im even scared to eat because I dont want to get an allergic reaction or get poisoned or something. Nobody seems to understand how bad this really is! Nobody! I need help...please tell me how i can get it. Email me at [email protected] or reply to this message please.

caseman
03-13-2006, 08:26 AM
hey lmc8618 i too have a severe fear of food, i was just about to post a topic about it asking if anyone else had that fear lol, and also inhaling any sort of chemical. i was also prescribed prozac and i only took it once because right after taking it i had a major panic attack and thought i was messed up off of the meds. now lately i havnt been able to eat becuase i think that the food will react with my meds and make me like slip into my derealization even more and just never have a sense of reality again or just loose control of my sense of reality its a rediculous though but i cant seem to stop from thinkin it. and i also think people always poisoned or put acid on my food and i think im goin to start like trippin out...its rediculous and as like you i am also scared to go out and lately have become pretty agoraphobic i was thinking about using the linden method because i just hate having the idea of meds in my system because then i think that when im having anxiety or a panic attack i cant help but think its from the meds so im right there with ya and there alot of other people that are just as bad or even way worse off than us. hang in there u will be ok it always gos away and just tell urself that over and over again becuase ur anxiety has never hurt you and it cant and never will...hope ur feelin better, ttyl - Casey