PDA

View Full Version : Pinching pains in the back and the lower stomach.

leon34
09-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Hi,

I have been reading all these post about different feelings and symptoms with anxiety and panic attack. and really helped me a lot in understanding so many feeling and symptoms i use to have and they somehow disappear after i knew it was just anxiety and nothing more.

Now, i have a new symptoms for a couple weeks now.....
like pinching pains in my lower back on the right side and left side sometimes. and this pinching pain moves like to my sides either way the i feel some tingling and pinching in my lower stomach area. and a little bit over my appendix area and over my ( personal places) feeling like there is a finger poking my side and my back... and if i tried to bind to the right i feel like muscle spasm .....
honestly this thing been terrifying me for few weeks now, and i talked to my doc and other people and they told me this is from anxiety.. so any one can confirm that, someone had this before, what is it???????

this is driving me crazy......????

P.S: Thank you Charlene for all your support, you are really and great person... like everyone in this great forum.

please guys, fast replies will help me and others i'm sure a lot.

danstelter
09-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Your doctor is probably right, although it is difficult to tell for sure. I have had back problems that I have now determined to be caused by anxiety and stress. The pain was so bad at two different times that I literally could not get out of bed. Now, a few months later after the pain that was really bad, I still experience bad back pain, but it is bearable and I can at least get up and go to work and do other things that I need to do. I read a book about it that called it TMS, and I forget what that stands for, but bascially it means back pain that is caused by anxiety and stress. Now, whenever I experience the pain, I tell myself that it is because of anxiety and not because of a physical cause, and it goes away before it gets so bad that I am unable to walk. It's hard to accurately diagnose physical symptoms caused by anxiety, but it sounds like your doctor is right on in this case.