PDA

View Full Version : fear of dying

livvy13
09-08-2009, 04:37 AM
heard about this 2012 rubbish now its triggered a fear of dying i cant control it pls advice needed

coops025
09-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Many people have had this feeling including myself. Its re-asurring to know that no one has ever died from Anxiety.

Hold in there it will pass.

rhubarb83
09-08-2009, 07:11 PM
the mayan prediction? try not to get too worried, people have predicted the end of the world for centuries. if it is true it's three years off yet...but it's hollywood, the original prediction says nothing about an end, just a great change. maybe things will get better in 2012 :)

coops025
09-09-2009, 05:02 AM
I had no idea you was talking about the Mayans.

How many people have claimed the end of the world? Lots... how may have been wrong so far?? Well im still here :)

Beckee
09-14-2009, 02:59 AM
It's understandable that something like this can trigger such a fear, but if you live with the fear of dying you may find that you don't have time to live at all.

Try and seek comfort in the people close to you, take the view that "this is life and we're all in it together" so that you don't feel like you're in this all alone. Hopefully you'll eventually overcome the fear and be able to look back on this as an experience that makes you stronger.

Sorry, I'm not exactly a councillor and this may not help at all, I just don't think people should have to suffer unnecessarily.

Beckee