PDA

View Full Version : First Time

qdarkness
02-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Hello all, I'm suppost to be going to see a 'counselor' sometime this week and I get very anxious and nervous just thinking about it, it's my first time going to get help about my anxiety and I was just wondering if anyone would mind telling me what I'm in for? hehe..thanks

leftie15
02-26-2006, 12:09 AM
hey darknesswhats up?welcome well basically your in for a fun time balloons cakes the whole chabang lol j/k basically some question bout how you feel past histort you know that stuff then just basically what would be the best route for you good luck man be strong it reallys helps to go i love it helps you vent but take it easy man be strong

scatmantom
02-26-2006, 04:01 AM
you have nothing to worry about buddy

Unles your worried about beating your anxiety...cos you have taken the first steps to achieving this now!

hope it goes well...be sure to come back and tell us how you get/got on!

tommy

qdarkness
02-27-2006, 10:55 PM
I appreciate the heads up ;)

I'm going thursday and will be sure to tell you guys how it went.

INeedHelp
02-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey. I just wanted to let you know that I have gone to psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists...you name it. Its pretty much the same whomever you see. Mostly they are very nice. They ask you questions.... Answer honestly! They'll ask you things like "what brings you in?" They might give you a chart to help describe the different levels of your anxiety or other problems you may be having. I've had some good and some not so good. But whatever happens the first step to getting help is going and you should be proud of yourself no matter what. Take some cold water to sip while you wait. Sorry I can't offer more. Take care :)

qdarkness
03-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Well, I did it! I went to the counselor today...it was extremely overwhelming and emotional talking about my anxiety, but thankfully I got through it. I just hope it gets easier from here on out because that was pretty intense for me.

runnagal
03-03-2006, 05:47 AM
hi im new to this forum but darkness i kinow how you feel about how hard it is to open up to the councellor, i pretty much bawled my eyes out the first time and didnt get much sense out, i stopped after a few sessions because i thought i could deal with it myself but, now im having a lapse and realise it may be better to bite the bullet and just go and see someone....so wish me luck !!as i get up the courage to go back!