PDA

View Full Version : Talking

Lyndsey
09-05-2009, 04:28 AM
No one likes talking on here.
I have been offering advice and trying to recieve advice, and I have not had one reply in 2 weeks !
I am whining but hey!

mamascrazy1985
09-05-2009, 10:03 AM
i am up here everyday about 5 or 6 times what are your ?????'s

Lyndsey
09-06-2009, 03:43 AM
I dont get the ?????'s

northstar
09-06-2009, 03:49 AM
lyndsey it's very kind of you to come here and offer help :) i think you'll find that a lot of the time you won't get an answer from people on here though. my feeling behind this is that many people who stop by here are not quite ready to hear any answers yet, they come to vent for a while and find others who feel similar to them and this makes them feel better for a little while, but they're not at the stage where they want to take the big steps involved in getting better or they don't like the answers they're being given. this is just my thoughts though, i may be totally incorrect!

on the other hand a few come through here who are open to advice and really want to learn about getting better and those people are often responsive and will let you know how they're getting on, but they're not as frequent as the others who just pass through! but even if you can help out just one of these people and they end up feeling a little better then it's worth it :)

CindyE
09-06-2009, 06:42 PM
I like talking here! Just been busy with work and home life. I don't like to give too much advice, because I don't feel like I'm in a position to do that. I do like to share and compare stuff.

snakeeyes148
09-07-2009, 06:37 AM
I am here to talk basically and would love to have an exchange of ideas on practically everything.
I am open man...

Lyndsey
09-10-2009, 11:28 AM
hey guys,
Thank you for the great feed back to that.
I just got a little weirded out on the fourm because its not like the ones i am use too.
I have been to the doctors today i have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder. I have the right meds now, and I am getting the help I need.
I really dont want to be on meds because i found exercise was working as a long term fix.
I have to go to a psychologist just to check everything over.
Just to make sure i am not completely gone.
I have done a lot better than I have been.
Well everything is looking up how is everyone else been doing?
any hints and tips?

CindyE
09-10-2009, 05:11 PM
I've had a stressful week at work, and last week home life sucked. But, i have not had any major anxiety or panic attacks. i've gotten stressed and angry, even sad, but didn't make myself sick or dizzy. i go again to counselor next week. i kinda get stressed about it, because hubby doesn't really think i need to go, he doesn't understand. when we were arguing last week, he said i just go there to cry about him- not true. i am trying to stay off meds too, but holidays get pretty stressful for me. i am not really into entertaining, especially certain relatives!
I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you!

northstar
09-11-2009, 01:47 AM
lyndsey don't worry too much about the meds, they can help :) you can keep on exercising while you're taking them! there are lots of things you can do to help along with the meds, take a look at this other post i wrote on the forum: http://www.anxietyforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4087 it's all the different ways i found helped when i was going through my own problems, i hope you find some help in it :)

cindye don't let your hubby talk you out of the counselling or make you feel bad about going, i think it's fantastic that you're going to see a counsellor and i really hope you find it helps you to destress. i went to see a psychotherapist every week for just over a year, i also went to a counsellor and an NLP therapist on a couple of different occasions and they all helped so much. it's great to be able to talk and explore things about yourself in a helpful environment with someone who is helping and not judging :) it can be hard for other people to understand what you're going through, especially if they've never experienced it themselves. perhaps you need to sit down with your husband and have a chat with him to alleviate his fears that you're complaining about him. explain to him that it's not about that at all, that you go there to destress and to try to sort out your problems and it's an important part of your recovery. it can be hard i know, but it might be worth a try, he might just need some reassurance about your relationship.

for me i've been quite sick the last couple of weeks with a kidney infection, a viral illness and now a cold and sinus infection! it's been non stop and i'm a bit worn out and feeling very sorry for myself lol. today i'm going to try a session of something called bowen technique that is supposed to be helpful for people who suffer with sinus problems and i'm really looking forward to it! :)

oh and tomorrow i'm going on a premarriage course with my fiance! here in ireland if you are getting married in the catholic church you have to do this course first and i'm both nervous and excited about it at the same time lol. it should be interesting though :D

CindyE
09-11-2009, 03:53 AM
northstar, the thing is, hubby sometimes does stuff that makes my anxiety worse. He has his own issues, but prefers to self-medicate with booze at times. Anything I say about him in counseling is not said hatefully, though. i just really do want us to be able to have a strong, happy marriage, and there are times I am close to giving up. Sometimes I can talk with him and get him to kind of understand, but when he's angry, it's impossible.
I've been thru the Catholic marriage classes, years ago. I'm not a practicing Catholic now, i divorced and re-married. The classes I went thru were not bad at all. That was over 25 yrs ago, though! Congrats on your up-coming marriage!
hope you are feeling better, i've had kidney and sinus infections before. not fun!

Lyndsey
09-14-2009, 02:46 AM
Hey guys,

I am on the new meds now they are not working well but I will stick it out.
My dr is concerned about the hallucations that might be more to it then anxiety.
I dont know wether to hand in my months notice at work because its causing me stress I have been able to deal with it the way I use to.
Even though its a stressful job.

I was in the shower the other day I lost my sight for about 3 minutes all I swore was outlines of images walking towards me.
My partner tried to snap me out of it.
At that point I worked myself up into panic.
He carryed me out of the shower and put me into bed.
Apparently the screaming unnerved him so much he had to go down stairs for a bit.
With normal anixety you can feel your heart going.
with mine its weird, I have no warning signs it could just switch on at any time with blind panic.
Its been the way for about 3 months now.
I could be walking down the road like normal then I could just going into a petified state and it scares people that are with me.
My partner is trying to deal with it the best he can, He did not understand at first because its so sudden I could be laughing with him on the sofa next thing I know there is something standing behind me I am on the floor screaming with all my might. He tried shouting at me because it happened at a friends house about 4 in the morning.
Considering I dont drink or anything any more. He was going " LYNDSEY THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON TO LONG I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOU I CANT HELP YOUR SCREAMING HELP ME AND I CANT HELP"
I feel like I am going nuts and its really getting me down, I have managed to go through day to day work it happens a few times but I am normally to dosed up to notice whats happened.
My dr has no clue whats going on.
I am going in to a psychologist to look into whats going on.
I use to be such a happy go luck person, I dont know whats going on in my own mind, I am scared I might cause myself some damage or nate some damage when I become this screaming terrerfied person.
My Dr has not come across anything like this before so I am on a small dose of anti depressants to try and control my normal side, I have been advised to keep up with the excirse and wait intill i go and see the psychologist.
Its starting to really get me worried guys !! I am not showing any improvement, other than slightly more control over the fear.
my partners mum is starting to get annoyed with me, she actaully said the words " We did not have any of your fancy conuselling or happy pills back in my day we just delt with it"

I sat there in complete shock I was like " thanks" I am trying to get better, to fight whats happening to me, so I can make your son happy, and you pretty much sit there and call me a whinging git on your f**king high horse.
gr...... that really upset me, I actaully cried for a while after that and turned around to my partner and almost sent him back home, to live in till I am well enough to cope, but he was like " I am seeing this through to the end, your doing so well I love you, your my number 1 you are my life and I will never leave you like this ".
I thought that was rather sweet then we went to a lovely resturant and had 3 different types of pasta.
Thank you for all your replys again, It makes me feel like there is hope and I can fight this

CindyE
09-14-2009, 04:27 AM
Lyndsey,
Hope you get some answers soon! I know I feel like seeing the psychoanalyst has helped me. I really think the right one can make a difference. Your partner's mum is wrong for saying that. I used to think people could just "snap out of it", too, but that is not always the case. and back in the old days, some people could not deal with it. Some did get on drugs, remember the song, I think by the Stones, "Mother's Little Helper"? Some ended up in asylums. We know there are people out there who are just whiners and make excuses, but that's not always the case. We are lucky that we have the resources and help available these days, and should take advantage of it when we need it.
I have a stressful job, too. for me though, i have to work. and i'm afraid the more i withdraw, the worse it will get. i don't really like being around people most of the time, other than my spouse, but if i avoid people, i hate being around them even more, when i have to!
good luck, and keep us posted here!

Lyndsey
09-14-2009, 05:29 AM
She is one of those mother in laws that are hard to please.
She has seen me in a shit state thats why I am shocked to the core why she said that.
She saw me twitching under a table, and unable to sleep with general insomina She saw me chasing things and shouting at them to go away before I was even on my meds ( I am more chilled out now).
for her to turn around and say that shocked me.
I am greatful that the doctor is trying his hardist to help. I am doing things to help myself.
There is no cure over night I will get worse before it gets better. I think I might avoid the sitution for a while.
I need to work else I will just give in, I was thinking of changing my job to a less stressful on because a manager shouting at me for 10 mins infront of everyone doesn't really help me.
I will keep you posted.
Keep me posted on how your getting on love xxx