PDA

View Full Version : Stage fright meds

ShineyPenny
08-15-2009, 10:54 AM
I am currently taking 1,000 mg of Inositol, and I will be taking about 200 mg of Choline along with it in a few days (Not really sure why people say to take it with Inositol). I am wondering what OTC medicine combo is best to deal with stage fright. I totally flip out when I am giving a presentation in front of people...shaking, sweating, stuttering, nervousness, tight throat...you name it. I cannot control it, the fight-or-flight response overwhelms me and I have very little control over myself.

Should I up my Inositol dosage to 2,000 mg to deal with this, or try a different medication to alleviate the rush I get?

Please help!

Lyndsey
09-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Thats a lot of meds to be on, for stage fright.
I use to be a actress so i know how nerves can sometimes get the best of you there are a few things i try before i did a good performance.
First I thought something in my head like a saying mine was " I'm the sky you can throw things at me but it will go through me, you can say things to me but the words are empty because i am the sky".
that might not be strong enough but before you give out presentions go into a back room and do a breathing trick. dont breath through the chest through the stomach it will slow your heart rate so you will not get the beating in the chest.
Another thing to try because i know its scary getting up infront of people being yourself and that is the most scary thought.
If you put on a act, It might help taking a acting class to boost your confidence. trust me it will help.
If you want to message me about this then just reply.
I just think this could be solved with good support and a lot of practise.
Meds will only make you dopey :)