PDA

View Full Version : Psychology/Counselling

r7Ant
08-01-2009, 03:51 AM
Ok so ive been to the docs test all back clear and he says nothing to worry about your fine....oh great so now i have no explanation for why im feeling like this still and im left to deal with it all on my own.

I just wondered if anyone had had any positive results from seeing a psychaitrist/counselling and if it really helps? If not im seriously thinking about going back and getting some meds, i dont think i can go on waking up every morning and feeling like this all day its awful.

Ive read some reports of them making people feel like zombies and unwell but at this rate im beginnning to think that no feeling might be better than all this negative feeling.

coops025
08-04-2009, 04:44 AM
From what i have read most people just seem to get the "how do you feel about that" treatment.

I have an oppointment to see one in September. My thoughts are well it cant hurt to go and see what comes of it.

Henry2128
08-07-2009, 05:17 PM
my advice is do it. first off you will see someone who understands your condition and will be able to offer the best therapy which from my experience is the most effective way to treat anxiety not meds. it was the start of my wonderful life free of anxiety.

punisher
08-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Give it a shot. I think you are making the right move by not jumping right into the meds. Hopefully therapy will help and you never need them. Just remember that finding a therapist who is the right match may take some time. Don't give up if you don't "click" with the first one you see.

Good luck