PDA

View Full Version : Jolting awake -very werid- Help :S

louisrapisarda
07-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah so i was asleep at camp, i tryed to fall asleep.. Then all of a sudden i was awoken by a jolt, it felt like i was floating away it felt werid and i felt like a jolted at the same time.
This happened 3 times, then i finally fell asleep.
What is this i got really scared and didn't know what was happening..
Help all you can please.

DMS87
07-26-2009, 01:49 AM
Yeah so i was asleep at camp, i tryed to fall asleep.. Then all of a sudden i was awoken by a jolt, it felt like i was floating away it felt werid and i felt like a jolted at the same time.
This happened 3 times, then i finally fell asleep.
What is this i got really scared and didn't know what was happening..
Help all you can please.

Hi there,

I too have suffered from this "jolt" many times, I will be laying there almost asleep and all of a sudden feel a huge surge of energy go through my body and I jolt up and am wide awake and very anxious all of a sudden.

I cant give you an answer as to why this happens but I dont think it is anything major to worry about. I also suffer from sleep paralysis and I think this may be linked to that.

northstar
07-26-2009, 07:26 AM
actually jolting awake several times before finally drifting off, or jolting awake in the middle of the night with a falling sensation, is quite a common thing that a lot of people experience and it's nothing to worry about :) i don't think it's particularly linked to anxiety at all, if you ask around lots of other people you know will have had the same thing happen to them.

dtrotter
07-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Jolt.. it is pretty normal, sometime i have a few times before i truly fall asleep. It seems like the brain try to get hold of the bed coordination and all. Oh well, it is definitely not anxiety attack.