PDA

View Full Version : Doomed again

Nikkie04
06-09-2009, 01:42 AM
:(
Hello everyone,
Well i'm 27 and i have had anxiety and panic disorders since about 2003. My fiancee died unexpectedly in 2005 and i was forced to move back home to Tasmania where my grandmother passed away 3 weeks later. Since then i have had a couple of failed attempts at relationships but they didnt last because they couldn't handle my "sickness". The most recent being a guy who told me over and over that no matter what he would stick by me and knew what he was getting involved in. Well he rocked up yesterday to tell me that he still loves me but he wants to break up till he sorts himself out and that he feels like he is holding me back, i would really like to know what from because as we all know, there is not much going on in the lives of people like us. So instead i am now surrounding myself with my pets, at least they love un conditionally.

scoobydoo1
06-10-2009, 07:07 AM
hey my name is dianne i am 18 and from sydney.
wow you have been through so much i am very sorry to hear.
but you are still here and i can see you are STRONG.

i've suffered anxiety for months now and its like going to hell and back...

i don't want to give you an explanation of what your ex boyfriend was intending but please know for someone to promise something so big and to break that promise is so WEAK and is clearly NOT a man.
you deserve better and i mean that.

I know what you are going through, and yes pets are great but do you have any close friends or family that love you for u? and know what you go through ? it is important to surround yourself in them.

Also Jesus Christ loves you more than anything and HE is there for you even if you don't feel it...

The way I am recovering is from Jesus and with loved ones. :)

Also, do you see a psychologist? they can really help you too.

All the best

Nikkie04
06-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Thank you Dianne,
No i dont see a psychologist anymore because they have done all they can do for me and yes i have tried several. Yes i am on meds and doing all the right things that i am supposed to do. My Ex and i are still trying to work things out so please do not be harsh on him, he is only 23 and very mature for his age. Yes i have 2 family members who are close, but my friends bailed. I have had this for years not just months. I know that i am facing a huge battle still. I will be honest though, im not interested in the whole jesus loves me thing, if he loved us, he wouldnt put us through this hell.

scoobydoo1
06-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Oh yeah he is quite young , i wasn't being harsh though :)
well it's good you two are still trying to work things out.
I know it will be very hard... but with love and trust you can make it.

Yeah alot of my friends have bailed too... i've lost a lot of "friends" but I learnt i don't need a lot of friends in my life, just the ones who really do love and care for me :)

So you have seen a few psychologists and they didn't help ? :(
i'm sorry to hear that. do your worries mainly concern around your ex boyriend?

and yeah that is fine if your not into the Jesus thing.
But my friend i will add to what you said "If Jesus loved me he wouldnt put me through hell"
God loves us so he chose free will for each and every one.. thats why we are not robots and have to obey every command. He gives us choice.
We weren't born perfect, and God lets things happen to us either to bring us closer to Him, or for a lesson to be learnt, OR for a good purpose which we may not even know.
My anxiety was a burden to me but it is also a gift. (i can't believe im saying it, but it is true:) )
Also, if everyone was happy and had whatever they wanted and never went though tough times... then noone would feel the need for God? they would keep depending on themselves.

You do not have to believe what i am saying, just wanted to respond to what you said.

All the best :)

coconut1963
06-11-2009, 01:05 PM
I think It's very hard for people around us to understand and help us. My husband as anxiety zero, stress zero, worry zero...so it's very hard for him to understand what I'm going tru.

So I can imagine, in a kinda new relationship, It could had for some people to handle.

Have faith