PDA

View Full Version : My cocktail and still problems....thoughts?

Shakey
06-06-2009, 04:48 PM
I am on a cocktail of meds that help some but not a lot. I have points in the day when I feel like my old self and the cloud of depression and anxiety is lifting then it soon returns.

I don't know what to do, I have tried various meds and this regimen I am on works the best so far in terms of battling the anxiety and the depression but not 100% and it is self defeating to think of trying something new since this has gotten me some improvement.

I am taking:

Ativan 0.5mg twice daily
Lyrica 75mg twice daily
Remeron 15mg once daily

Giz
06-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey Shakey..
Is medicine the main course of treatment you have followed?
Many nutritional factors can lie at the root of mental health problems. It may be worth trying something new? If you have tried many medicines to no avail then obviously they arent the thing for you. May I suggest you consider seeing a qualified nutritional therapist, and Im talking therapist here, not dietician or nutritionist..You will probably find one through your local health food shop, at the very least, you will learn some pretty interesting stuff about what makes you tick..
Having said that, if you do decide to come off meds - dont try to go cold turkey - its not pleasant..
No course of treatment will be 100% effective by itself, you are more than just the sum of your parts. While a nutritional cause may correct the symptoms, you still need adequate hydration, rest and exercise - as well as fresh air and sunshine.
And a therapy always helps, and thats a very individual thing, be it self help, EFT, Holistic therapies, Counselling, Groups.. Giving yourself some "me" time is very important..

The very best of luck to you Shakey.. May you find what helps you very soon. :D