PDA

View Full Version : Just a tension headache?

bloody valentine
05-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Hello all!
over the past few days I have been having some terrible trouble with my eyes, neck and head. I have an extremely painful and stiff neck and (mainly only on excersion) have had a dull pain in my behind my eyes and in my head. I would have passed this off as just a tension headache but have had it for 2 days now and it seems to be getting worse. From my neck upwards, its just basically a contants, heavy sort of pain. My eyes hurt when I move them and my head and neck are very tender to touch. I have tried pain relief tablets but they don't do a thing. As I type I can only feel my neck pain but when I move about, the eye problem becomes my worst symptom. Other than this I feel quite good (Considering Ive got anxiety!)
The thing is i'm going away tomorrow and was just wondering whether anybody can give me advice to whether I should contact a dr about this before I go. My local practise is closed for the next 2 days otherwise I would have been there already.
Thanks in advance
:)

arms
05-29-2009, 08:30 PM
hi,

sounds like tension headache to me, does it wake you up at night? anyways, if your muscles are tight i would recommend acupuncture or massage therapy, that might help relax some of the tension.