PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

Razor
02-04-2006, 06:47 AM
Hey every1

im a 15 (well 16 next week) year old teen from Ireland.

My problem is that when im going out or know that im going somewhere i feel very very nauseous. Im not sure if it is social anxiety because i fell self confident. It doesnt happen if im going to school but other places, it kills me. Motion sickness also really affects me. If i was going to a dentist, doctor, cinema, party or anything like that i feel very very nauseous and the only cure is to actually vomit and then i feel better. what is wrong with me?? how do i get help? how can i prevent/cure this??

__freespirit
02-04-2006, 07:09 AM
It seems to me that you have a small bit of agoraphobia.
I have it now and then, but only when I'm going into new situations.
I'm sure dsomeone else can give you better advice than me so I'll just leave it at your not alone in this.

Razor
02-16-2006, 05:34 AM
so...what do i do??? im going to the doctor for blood tests tomorrow so should i mention thiis?? what can he do for me?? medication?? how does this get cured?? how long does it take??

please help

leftie15
02-16-2006, 01:34 PM
whats ups? razor this sounds classic when i was your age i had to use the bathroom 4 million times aday and the only way it would go away was me actually sitting in the stall u sound like your fine in places your familiar with which is common but other places tend to make most anxiety patients uncomfortable i think if you feel the doc should know thats up to you hopefully your blood tests are good then you can just chaulk it up to anxiety don't fret yourself to much ova it this can be fixed it does take time but you have to be patient your young so you have all the time in the world to uva come this you maybe should think about goin to talk to a therapist about this once you've been cleared by the other doc i think t could really help and you guys can decide to getha if meds are the best route for you but good luck and keep us posted by the way which part of irelad are you from i'm also irish always wanted to visit

Razor
02-17-2006, 11:14 AM
thanks alot...that was nice of you...well i went to the doctor and she said asked me loads of questions and stuff. She said it is anxiety manifested physically or something. i told her i would have no problem going to see professionals, she said she would talk to another doctor ((she looked more like a 21yr old supermodel than a doctor!!!)) and maybe put me on medication and refer me to the Irish Psychiatric Service..it has really cheered me up and made my day :D

im from Co. Kerry...in the very South West...which part does your decendants come from leftie15??

leftie15
02-17-2006, 10:34 PM
hey razor thats awesome you went to the docs and she said its just anxiety also great that your willings to see someone for this thats the first step to overcoming it goodluck in your fight also i'm not to sure where exactly my decendents are from i believe a town around dublin i would have to ask my mom but howis it out there is it beatiful?

scatmantom
02-19-2006, 03:28 PM
hey razor thats brilliant news!

My dad is from dingle in Co. Kerry...really wonderful place, ive been over there loads of times! Im a londoner tho...bit of a plastic paddy!

I used to be just like that...except after i was sick i would get worse...its a horrible thing to go thru and its great that u are getting help at this early age. (im only 20 but i only started gettin help a year ago. Its a shame i didnt realise help was available from a earlier age)

Razor
02-20-2006, 02:23 PM
thanks so much guys. its great to know there are people like myself out there

so scatmantom, have u heard of a town here in Kerry of Castleisland?? :D
what treatment did u get?? how do you feel now?? id really love to hear about your experiences....

scatmantom
02-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi yea i know that town well.

Ive got a great auntie (my dads aunt) living there. Ive not been to Kerry for about 4 years, my dads parents were from dingle ( both have died now) and i miss them too much when i go to that place. Ive been too nervous to go back for so many years but this summer im gonna go back over. The times ive been in kerry I have found the locals so funny and wierd..but very kind and welcoming. Having an English accent and dressing all trendy like a little english townie cant help (lol not a chav a townie!)

AS for my treatment, I have had my problem since i was 11. I'm 20 now and i started getting help when i was 19. Saw a GP told him my problems, got reffered onto a psycologist ( i cant spell sorry!). I saw him 7 times over around a year. He didnt give medication but he did help me to understand anxiety and taught me how to cope with panic attacks. I have really really improved. I live away from home and have done since i was 18 and i have a social life and a job that requires tonnes of communication with differnt people all the time. Im still not happy with my life tho because my anxiety prevents me trying new things and ruins my love life totally!

very long...hope it wasnt boring but anyway ill leave it at that and i hope it was of some use to ya

hope everything goes well
P.S.
Do they still ahve that rose of tralee? That used to be so funny!