PDA

View Full Version : Stress , Life and anxiety how do i juggle/ change.

Jen3535
03-15-2009, 04:22 PM
As a working Mum with 2 jobs outside of the home . I get very stressed out. My daily routine is...

Up at 6am, Get my son ready for school, get him out the door!
I then bath, dress get myself off to work. When i come home from work, I start dusting, polishing, clean the bathroom,. Only because if i dont do the house work everyday i cant sit down, i have to clean out of habit. Once thats done i start dinner. then after dinner, I start washing the clothes . If my son has to be at clubs, or at friends house i do the running around for that. I truely do not stop until after 10pm . By then i am tired and anxious. I sit on the sofa deep breathing doing the i cant get that deep breath thing.

However I dont know how to relax at all..... People say i do too much, but i cant change the way I am, I really do love the house looking clean and smelling nice, I am obsessed.

kombi86
03-16-2009, 06:16 PM
well to me it looks like you are doing to much for others and not looking after your self.
im not sure how old your son is but mabie he can help out around the house.
you are the mother so whatever you say goes.

you need to get a routine thats has time for you in it.
give yourself a break.

look at it this way, you say u are obsessed with having your house clean, but look at YOUR mind and body as a house its very dirty and mabie you should spend sometime cleaning whats more important for YOU and your son.

goodluck

Vicki
03-17-2009, 03:45 AM
I think I understand because I too find it really difficult to switch off! If I have the choice I'll always choose to be busy rather than relaxing!

Try giving yourself 5 or 10 minutes relaxation when you can though because it does wonders for your health and happiness! Once you have 5 minutes relaxation mastered you can build the time up. Learn to meditate or buy a good book to read in the bath! Maybe you just need to experiment with ways in which to chill out until you find one that works for you.