PDA

View Full Version : do you find pets helpful?

stillhopeful
03-05-2009, 01:24 AM
I am currently alone while my husband works and my kids are at school during the days. I hate being alone but I have a special cat whom I talk to. He's very dog like and follows me around. He seems to know when I need him. Once I was sitting on the floor crying and he came out from under the bed and lay on his side and put all 4 of his paws on me to comfort me. Does anybody else have pets? I don't feel quite as alone knowing I have pets to talk to.

Vicki
03-10-2009, 03:26 AM
I have 2 dogs and they're great for company. The house is never quiet when they're around! Plus they get me out of the house when I might normally just stay in!

like you say they seem to know your moods and know when you could do with a hug!

sl87
02-01-2010, 08:23 AM
I agree.

I have a dog as well, my husband works nights so im alone most of the time and its nice to have him around. I feel bad though because I know animals sense how you are and for the most part im anxious/depressed so I try to stay away from him when I get really bad

jennycat78
02-01-2010, 12:05 PM
I have cats,

I find petting them really can calm me...I can feel a release of feelings and stress. I even say to myself there goes the stress(I know it sounds silly) but i just feel such a release and at ease.