PDA

View Full Version : Questions?

jay
01-29-2006, 09:53 PM
I've been dealing with depression for about 10 years now. I'm talking welbutrin and it doesn't really feel like it's helping. Also, I've recently realize that I have some sort of anxiety when I'm in certain situations around people I don't know. I start to sweat a lot and it becomes extremely uncomfortable. All I can think about at that point is getting out of there. This even happens when I'm on the phone with clients I don't know. This problem stops me from doing so many things. People used to tell me it just that I get nervous, so I forced my self into as many situations like this as I could thinking that practice would make perfect. I was wrong. Now I avoid this situations like the plague. The funny thing is I really don't feel nervous I just know the sweat is about to start pouring.

I have an appointment next week with my doctor, who I haven't seen for a while and I would like to get others' ideas on what might help. I'm not even sure what I should ask, or be willing to take.

shoe
01-30-2006, 11:17 AM
jay, its mainly just sweating for you then? No heart palpitations, shaking, difficulty breathing, etch? Hmm.. I've heard of that before, I don't know what it would be classified as specifically though. Hopefully your doctor can shed some light on it. I do know that I will sometimes sweat alot when I'm in a really anxious situation but it is never all that bad..

well, let us know what the doc says :)

shoe