PDA

View Full Version : Go Away Anxiety

Mattster
02-09-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm new here, but here's my story. I was diagnosed with panic disorder about 4 and 1/2 years ago. It started with stomach cramps, so I went to the doctor, thought it was a cold and he gave me some antibiotics. Stomach pains wouldn't go away, went back to the doc, they did an x-ray, still couldn't find anything. I started to feel like they just missed what was wrong with me, so I started reading things online.. (not a good idea) So my stomach pains move to my chest and I was convinced I was dying. Went back to another doc., did more tests, blood work, still nothing. This is when I just didn't know what to do, becuase they didn't find anything but I still felt like crap. Well all the sudden my chest pain turned into bad headaches with vision issues, I felt so scared like I was going to pass out and die, and that's when I went to the hospital and they told me I had a panic attack. It was the worst feeling of my life and it still is. I've pretty much had every test I can think of to rule any possible illness out, CT scan, blood work, urine tests, xrays, vision screenings, EKG, and some more that I can't think of at the moment. Every doctor says I'm perfectly healthy, even my blood pressure is really good, 120/75. I've been going to a psychiatrist for four years and am on 40mg of Celexa and 1.5mg of klonopin a day. There was a point, where I felt great, like before I had the panic attacks at all. Then it started to go back downhill last June. I feel like crap everyday and just want to feel better. I tell myself I'm going to be alright it's all in my head and I feel fine for awhile, but then I keep coming back to this conclusion that I have some illness. I wish this would just go away. I don't even know what the point of taking the meds anymore if they don't work. I just want to do something to get rid of this horrible anxiety, it's ruining my life. I cant even drive on the freeway anymore without having a panic attack. Anyone have any advise or tips?