PDA

View Full Version : When it's going to stop?!

PsyhoPrincess
01-23-2006, 10:53 AM
I didnt have any episodes in 2 weeks.....well just one ...
But it didnt last long ...i cant sleep for 2 days in a row.....i get like 1-2 hours of sleep and then wake up and my mind is completely messed up! I dont know who i am and where i am....
And this unbearable muscle pain :(
It takes me like an hour to feel better .....
I know its probably because of depression or anxiety( I've been diagnozed with both btw) but i cant handle it.... :cry:
I dont know if i should start taking medication....
I've read that its better not to treat your anxiety and depression with medications because they dont solve the problem at all.
Have no idea how to deal with it :cry:

shoe
01-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Most professionals seem to agree that medications don't really solve mental health issues - they just 'mask' it. But you know, you have to do what you need to in order to feel better. The ideal is to work through your problems with a psychologist, but that doesn't mean you have to do that alone. And studies show that combining meds and therapy has decent success rates, as opposed to meds alone - which fare well for the short-term but not so much for the long term (after patients are removed from meds).

timmyjobs
01-28-2006, 04:37 AM
If you're having anxiety attacks, or any severe anxiety, it may be comforting to know that this is one of the most common mental health issues. In my experience, just learning that the symptoms I was having (including frequent nervousness and fear, racing heartbeat, a sense of dread and social disconnect, thinking I was losing my mind, etc) were actually a result of anxiety was an important part of my recovery. I was then able to begin reducing the severity of my anxiety by exercising vigorously and regularly, and cutting out caffeine. I've also done a couple anxiety programs, most notably http://www.selftherapy.org - which was extremely effective. But given that this is such a common problem, there are also many other options for dealing with anxiety. :)