PDA

View Full Version : My Medication Diary:

Babimay
12-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Well I'm on day five of Lexapro to help me manage or control my Anxiety level. The only side effects I have encountered as of yet is periodic unconrollable yawning and fatigue lasting about an hour here and there.
Dry mouth, causing slight difficulty with my speech and I have experienced nausea as well.

At the moment I'm trying to look at these side effects as being positive. Up until experiencing the dry mouth I was lucky to drink three coffee's a day. That was my fluid intake. Now I drink about four glasses of water plus roughly three large cups of green tea which is helping control the dry mouth and I have stopped drinking coffee. My body is probably no longer starved of fluid since starting this medication. That's a positive.

My feeling nauseous only occurs when I leave a huge gap between meals or if I skip a meal altogether. This side effect is managed by simply eating something. Often when my anxiety levels or depression peaks I lose my appetite. This is scary really considering that if your body doesn't tell you that your hungry food never crosses your mind. It's only when someone asks me what I had for dinner or lunch that I realise that I had "nothing" and then I start trying to remember in a panic when I last had a meal. I guess this nausea can be looked at as a reminder to eat again being a positive.

I had a slight twitch in my upper leg muscle last night as well. This could be unrelated but right away with any side effects I start re-living the bad experiences I encountered while trialing Paxil for five weeks. With Paxil I felt like a walking Zombie or like I was drunk without the stagger. I had huge uncontrollable muscle spasms first while sleeping and then all the time. I had the uncontrollable yawning as well but is was constant instead of periodic from day one. At the end of the five weeks I had encountered many panic attacks created mostly by the side effects of the medication freaking me out then making my condition worse. I can say with no doubt that the side effects of this drug are not effecting my body as bad as Paxil.

I'm really hoping this treatment paired with Cognitive Therapy works out. I'll keep adding or editing this post with updates or diaries on how my treatment with Lexapro and Cognitive Therapy is working out for those people out there that might be curious about or considering treatment themselves.