View Full Version : Calling old timers

Pages : [1] 2

Dahila
08-27-2019, 11:29 AM
I had seen a few old timers so this thread (if you so kind to post in it) is for old and new
We can talk about anything here,
Yesterday I put my honda on website to sell . The first phone was 5 minutes after I had posted it, and now is constant stream of people calling. So it is a good thing
Kirk rewercome to the forum
Kuma
Salvadore
Mike
Ponder,
Let's talk about everything here , if you so kind

salvator here
08-27-2019, 02:17 PM
Thank you for creating this thread, Dahila, hopefully we'll see a few familiar faces and possibly some new ones as well.

Nothing new to report today other than I got outside and got a little sun and iced coffee.

Hope everyone is well today and enjoying their day :)

Kirk
08-27-2019, 03:03 PM
It is still warm here in Baltimore and I have been working all day pretty much in my office. I went out earlier and brought lunch back and will be going out to dinner in a little while by myself as my wife is working. I will go to Starbucks afterwards and have a Passion tea with some friends. Tomorrow night I am meeting some friends for dinner. I hope everyone is doing good today!!!

Dahila
08-27-2019, 07:51 PM
thank you gents for posting, I think we need a spot to ; complain, rant, share good days and bad days,
I do not want to crowd P. thread.
I hope mike will come here too.
Sal as long as you are kind of ok , and surviving it it an achievement. I think I do not have to do anything at all. Still the day was not bad.
Kirk I know you have your portion of health scare so do I, Forget about graceful aging . Some idiot made it up. There is not graceful aging.
It is pretty hot her and 98 % humidex so I am blessed to put A?C on , that I can afford it, and that i have it,
Thanks guys

MainerMikeBrown
08-28-2019, 04:34 PM
Hi, everyone, it's MMB, and it's good to be welcome on this thread.

Dahila
08-29-2019, 05:38 AM
Hi, everyone, it's MMB, and it's good to be welcome on this thread.

Thanks Mike, it seems that Mr. Ponder left us, Well we all make choices, I honestly believe he is doing what is the best for him. I am going to miss him, he is a good friend :)

salvator here
08-29-2019, 07:19 AM
Yeah, I almost replied after I read it, but I figured also he is doing what he feels is right - I will also miss seeing him on the forum.

I'm up early today to do blood work after that I can eat.

Dahila
08-29-2019, 09:42 AM
oh fasting blood work, I hate it, I should do mine like 2 weeks ago, Maybe I just follow you and go tomorrow :)

MainerMikeBrown
08-29-2019, 02:14 PM
I wish Ponder the best.

Dahila
08-29-2019, 02:31 PM
We all wish him the best, all of us

Kuma
08-29-2019, 06:47 PM
Hello all. I hope you’re all well. I’m struggling a bit with anxiety but doing my best to live a normal life.

salvator here
08-29-2019, 10:43 PM
Good to see you, Kuma. Hang in there :)

JohnC
08-30-2019, 01:21 PM
Hi all just thought i would pop in and say Hi and i hope all of you are having a grand day! still kicking and still as anxious as ever, lol.

peace to all

Dahila
08-30-2019, 01:24 PM
Oh Kuma and John are back so long, Kuma you showed here for a few days, I know you are struggling :(
John everytime I open my gmail I see you in contacts and think about you, which is like few times a day :)
As you see we are still kicking too, and anxiety is going to stay with us to the very end , I think.
Did you tried CBD Oil John? It helps .....it really does
I hope you do not smoke anymore :) Good to see you John

MainerMikeBrown
08-30-2019, 05:33 PM
My day wasn't bad. I'm looking forward to the weekend, although I don't know what I'll be doing tomorrow and Sunday.

Dahila
08-30-2019, 06:34 PM
gents keep fingers crossed that I have sales on market, I need the money :) Have a wonderful weekend everyone

salvator here
08-30-2019, 10:41 PM
Good to see you, John, I know we've never really met officially. Wishing you well.

Good luck with the market, Dahila.

Enjoy whatever you do Mike and make the most of it. Even if its peace and quiet, that sounds pretty good to me.

Wishing everyone well and a safe holiday here in the states - Labor Day Weekend.

Take care everyone :)

salvator here
08-31-2019, 01:47 PM
Bright and sunny day today, should get outside and enjoy it while it lasts.

Kirk
08-31-2019, 07:05 PM
Dahlia, I hope you have many sales this weekend and make plenty of money.

Dahila
09-01-2019, 06:36 AM
Thank you gents, It was not crazy but pretty good, must be your wishes.
We have cool Sunday (I love it) mild 21 C (69 F) I am resting ,,,,,,,,,,,
I hope you all resting and recharging batteries
We should have likes on forum ;)

MainerMikeBrown
09-02-2019, 02:51 PM
Labor Day is almost over, which, to me, means the summer of 2019 is almost over.

Dahila
09-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Same in Canada, tomorrow my grandchild starts school. ;) I started to cut down my plants , cause they finished already and the leaves are already dry and brown ..... Jest summer is over and time for fall :)

Kuma
09-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Very tough summer for me. High anxiety throughout. I’m taking Zoloft and doing therapy but still the anxiety persists. By most standards, I have everything — a nice wife, happy and successful kids, a nice house, a good job, good physical health, and enough money that I don’t have to worry about money. But the anxiety which has been really bad this whole summer makes it hard to enjoy what I have.

Kuma
09-02-2019, 07:12 PM
I was just thinking about some of the people who used to populate this forum but are no longer here, and wondering about them. Remember Enduroman? Maybe I have his name wrong but something like that. And Gypsee? She was among my favorites. Then there was the very bizarre character who insisted that he was clairvoyant. I don’t recall his name. And of course Panic Cured who caused all sorts of controversy. And various missionary types who came and went. And the young psychiatrist who offered “ask my anything,”. Some blasts from the past.

Dahila
09-03-2019, 05:52 AM
Endurman blocked me on fb and had blocked everyone who was frequenting this forum, He was constantly catfished and we were trying to put some info for him. So I have no idea what is going on with him. Gypsy got burned but I always hope she will show up one day.
Mark, I actually become very close with Mark, from close up he is pretty nice person. He met someone , put his life in order and the last he was here for maybe 15 min to tell us that he is happy..
I lost contact with Jesse, however I believe he is still on fb somewhere for sure in my friends list. Then Alaina, she is doing good. There is a few people that I have them in friend list but I do not care about them at all.
Many people just stopped coming here, hopefully they are ok

Kuma
09-03-2019, 05:41 PM
I’m somewhat surprised that whoever owns this forum continues to leave it up, given the sparse use. Nice of them, though.

Dahila
09-04-2019, 06:08 AM
yep but it can disappear anytime, My most loved forum UK forum is gone , Was up and running one day they next one gone . I was there for over 20 years

Kuma
09-04-2019, 10:16 AM
yep but it can disappear anytime, My most loved forum UK forum is gone , Was up and running one day they next one gone . I was there for over 20 years

Have you tried the healingwell anxiety forum? That’s a bit more active than this one and I doubt it will disappear.

Dahila
09-05-2019, 08:40 AM
Kuma I had not , I do not fit with the crowed there, No any other forums. Hopefully this one will not dissapear on me :) Any forum will be gone when people stop paying for website , this is why this one stays due the advertisement on page, I do not see it, but it is here. I block all adds

MainerMikeBrown
09-05-2019, 05:20 PM
I don't want AnxietyForum.net to ever disappear, so I'll have to cross my fingers.

salvator here
09-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Hello everyone, hope you're all doing alright.

I also struggle to fit in at other forums, I post but feel little or no connection with the crowd in my heart. I come across as numbed, sadly I feel numb most of the time in real life as well. I help others on other forums and put my own needs on the back burner. it takes a long time for me to completely open up. I opened up more here more I think. I would be a shame if this place closes. I see people logged in at the bottom here ( and many lurkers) all the time but very few people post anymore it seems. I'll also keep my fingers crossed.

Kuma
09-05-2019, 07:18 PM
The insight timer app has a mental health forum and an anxiety forum. They’re both pretty good. Very supportive crowd and no acrimony.

Dahila
09-06-2019, 05:08 AM
I am like Sal...........

salvator here
09-06-2019, 11:16 PM
Maybe its our lot in life to possess caregiver personality traits Dahila. I don't know. Sadly when I do need help, I've allowed myself fall deep into a downhill spiral and its too late to catch it. Most days music is all I have to rely on. Usually allows me to escape the madness. Hard sometimes though. I'm sort of hitting the low end of a cycle and things don't look good if I look up ahead. I must just take things day-by-day to get through it I think.

MainerMikeBrown
09-07-2019, 02:26 PM
I just realized that I'm going to run out of medication before I'm scheduled to see my psychiatrist next.

But I'll just get in contact with him well before I run out. I'll take care of it.

Dahila
09-07-2019, 05:10 PM
oh Sal I have no problem to help people, but I would never asked for help. I just hid in my basement and I do find comfort listening a good music, Lately I started to rediscovering classical music, I enjoy it very much beside my jazz, blues, raggaea, and rock of course
Mike the pharmacy will give you a few pills so you do not stop them , till you get the script

MainerMikeBrown
09-07-2019, 05:58 PM
I have enough pills to last me another month. But I won't see my psychiatrist for another month and a half.

However, I have plenty of time to straighten out the problem. So I won't have to be given a few extra pills by my pharmacy.

Thanks for the tip anyway though, Dahila.

Kuma
09-07-2019, 07:03 PM
You might want to check out the insight timer app. It has a ton of free meditations. Also nature sounds recordings and other stuff. Also has various forums including an anxiety one and a mental health forum. People there freely ask for and give help when needed.

MainerMikeBrown
09-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Today I'm just going to enjoy the day by watching some of week one of the 2019 NFL football season.

Dahila
09-08-2019, 02:53 PM
good good, I love watching soccer game, I am obsessed with soccer . Must be in my blood ;)

Kirk
09-14-2019, 10:24 AM
It many instances it comes down to the cost of operating a forum such as this.

Dahila
09-14-2019, 04:34 PM
It many instances it comes down to the cost of operating a forum such as this.

yep but we have adds here, I block them so I do not see it, but when on different computer I had seen many of them

MainerMikeBrown
09-14-2019, 05:09 PM
Tomorrow I'll just be watching the Patriots battle the Dolphins on TV at 1 pm EST.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

salvator here
09-14-2019, 06:33 PM
I use pale moon browser (a firefox fork) with automatically blocks anything that tracks, so I guess that is why I also don't see the adds. Great browser though very lightweight and open source. Been using it for a while now because it is only 1 of 3 that will still work on my OS.

Anyways..

Not much going on here I guess. Hanging in there I guess.

Take care :)

Kuma
09-14-2019, 06:37 PM
yep but we have adds here, I block them so I do not see it, but when on different computer I had seen many of them

I guess the ads must pay something. But if not many people use the forum, then I assume the advertisers wouldn’t pay much. But who knows. I’m not even sure who owns this forum. I have mostly moved on to other more active forums. But I check in here occasionally. I hope you are doing well

Dahila
09-15-2019, 05:40 AM
yes I think the owner own another forum Panic something and this is why it is is, I think more people visit this forum than you think, always at least 600 people browsing .
I use FF and Adblock plus, Tracking and adds are different stories Sal. Of course as long as you do not use google you are fine. My to go search engine is duckducktogo

MainerMikeBrown
09-15-2019, 09:34 AM
I went out for a walk around my neighborhood this morning. And now I'm just waiting for the Pats game this afternoon.

I might watch some of the pregame on TV in a little bit.

Dahila
09-15-2019, 05:34 PM
well walk is good, moving is good and we tend to hide ourselves in houses. I regret I do not have a dog, would have a company for walks

salvator here
09-15-2019, 07:07 PM
Yes, even a short walk is healthy. I've been walking every day, just not very far. Weather is cooling down and the humidity is nice. It was a sweaty summer and hard to enjoy. I enjoy walking in the fall. Love the colors and smells.

Dahila
09-16-2019, 05:19 AM
Fall is the most spectacular season in Canada, all this golds, reds, oranges, all spectrum of colors. I love fall Unfortunately they call again for high temps on Saturday and high humidex, eh

Kuma
09-16-2019, 09:34 AM
Mike you must have liked the Patriots result. Total obliteration.

I go out and walk or run most days. Sometimes I don’t feel like it, but I think it helps with the anxiety.

Kirk
09-16-2019, 08:41 PM
I have been to Niagara Falls Canada 3 times, Toronto 2 times, Montreal 2 times, Quebec City one time and Windsor one time. Canada is very clean and the people have always been friendly.

Kirk
09-16-2019, 08:43 PM
I like the Patriots too and Brady and Belichick are the best there is.

Dahila
09-17-2019, 06:05 AM
yes Kirk every time I visit Us and come back the cleanness make me happy :)

MainerMikeBrown
09-17-2019, 02:22 PM
It feels good to be a Pats fan right now.

MainerMikeBrown
09-21-2019, 12:55 PM
Antonio Brown is no longer a Patriot. He was on the team for just two weeks.

MainerMikeBrown
09-22-2019, 09:25 AM
I just went out for a walk around my neighborhood on this beautiful Sunday morning. I wanted to take advantage of today's nice weather here in Maine.

Dahila
09-22-2019, 11:22 AM
it is so hot outside that I am not able go to my garden, I cook today , such a menial job

MainerMikeBrown
09-22-2019, 02:51 PM
Now my day is even better because the Patriots just defeated the New York Jets by the score of 30-14.

Dahila
09-23-2019, 11:32 AM
it is good to have passion. I am extremely passionate about soccer

salvator here
09-26-2019, 06:36 PM
Hey guys, sorry I've been so quiet, going through a lot in my own life and some days the pressure feels insurmountable.

Sad to admit I lack a passion. I just meaningless exist most days , I guess.

Dahila
09-27-2019, 02:14 PM
it is good to see you Sal, I was thinking about you

MainerMikeBrown
09-27-2019, 04:43 PM
I haven't walked around downtown Portland, Maine in a couple of years. Maybe I should do so this fall sometime, as it can be therapeutic for me.

Dahila
09-28-2019, 03:24 PM
you should fall is the most beautiful time in the year

salvator here
09-28-2019, 05:04 PM
It will help Mike. I only walk just about 1 mile exactly to the dollar store and back home every other day and I notice I feel like I really accomplished something. I usually walk 1/2 mile to a bench near my building every other day as well. Its getting pretty and that crisp air is nice. If I stay inside even for 1 day without going out 1 day I get agoraphobic easily.

MainerMikeBrown
09-28-2019, 05:09 PM
I have to exercise more regularly now because I need to improve my cholesterol levels. My bad cholesterol is a little too high, and my good cholesterol is a little too low. Exercising may improve my levels.

salvator here
09-28-2019, 11:16 PM
Better to try naturally with diet and exercise. I'm on medication to lower my cholesterol that will eventually wreck my liver.

Dahila
09-29-2019, 08:05 AM
I quit on statins years ago and I am on high fat low carbs diet which lowered my cholesterol to an excellent level. Statins caused for me to develop Diabetes type II, not good at all

salvator here
09-29-2019, 12:23 PM
Unfortunately I'm on a Statin Dahila. You follow any particular diet? I exercise as much as possible.

Dahila
09-29-2019, 02:29 PM
Dr. Bernstain The diabetes solution it is modified Keto diet, Keto diet is very good to lower your cholersterol; which is high cause of diet with high sugars, and wheat products. To much rice, pasta, potato, itd itd . I am only on meat and veggies no grains not sugar. From time to time a small piece of dark chocolate (92 % of cocoa in it)
ube.com/watch?v=zJGAbZIvRh8
it is the sugar in body that make the cholesterol too high, risk of stroke and heart attack ; High blood glucose , Not eating fat foods. Of course ready to eat foods are high in fructose; another name for sugar. There is like 100 names for sugar in foods. I do not touch ready to eat foods. I make my own from scratch

MainerMikeBrown
09-29-2019, 02:57 PM
I do want to improve my cholesterol levels without medication.

Dahila
09-29-2019, 04:50 PM
you can easily. on 2016 I was diagnosed with Diabetes type II, I was on statins at this time, I stopped taking them and switched to keto diet , modified Keto diet, and I lost many pound and my cholesterol was improving, each test it was lower and lower. Finally I had not risk of anything what they push that cholesterol is causing. Which is BS in my opinion. Statins are the most prescribed medication in the world, Please tell me that doctors do not have some benefits when they prescribe it?
My new doc said my cholesterol is perfect and he asked me to eat the way I do. I had not give him details.
Keto is the answer, I do not even exercise ; your heart must beat the particular number in your life, No exercise will add extra beats. We are programmed , our dna is. Exercise is excellent with stress and anxiety management

MainerMikeBrown
09-30-2019, 02:29 PM
Unhealthy cholesterol levels can eventually lead to heart disease.

Dahila
09-30-2019, 05:22 PM
Unhealthy cholesterol levels can eventually lead to heart disease.

This was debunked a decade ago :) My hubby have a high cholesterol but at the same time his HDL cholesterol is very high. The tests they make are false, You need to make test which will look different way na this problem. The density of cholesterol the size but who does make the tests; they are very expensive, I am sure rich people take specialized tests
Cholesterol is produced by liver for the digestive reason. With too low cholesterol you can probably die not digesting proteins and microelements

MainerMikeBrown
09-30-2019, 05:46 PM
Dahila, a psychiatrist I used to see years ago told me that unhealthy cholesterol levels can lead to heart disease.

Nutrition is such an inexact science.

Dahila
09-30-2019, 07:13 PM
yes and JOhnson as a producer of Lipitor is paying a lot of money for misleading the people. https://youtu.be/Ehmoxgw4lt4 https://youtu.be/yX1vBA9bLNk
https://youtu.be/SYlhG8_nZe0
https://youtu.be/TSqHhy3LEKo
https://youtu.be/TSqHhy3LEKo
if you feel like watching some of the videos it would give you much better information than your psychiatrist. The second link is especially interesting :)

salvator here
10-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Watched them all and now I don't know what to do. My bad cholesterol is high according to the doctor. How can I boost up the good cholesterol? Diet I guess. I don't trust fish oil over the counter.

Dahila
10-01-2019, 07:29 PM
eating fat will boost good cholesterol (HLD) not eating wheat products or sugar will lower your cholesterol, lower the ldl and higher the good one. do you have access to your results Sal? I print out mine so I can keep my attention on it,
My new doc told me that it is enough if I take the cholesterol test once a year. important is the ration of HDL/LDL not the first number, How come doctors look at the number and they want to give you meds to what? They heal numbers?
Statins thingy is a biggest scam in our time so is ADHD disease

MainerMikeBrown
10-02-2019, 01:41 PM
I just eat everything in moderation. The reason is that, in many cases, one study will find that one kind of food is bad for you. Then a second study finds that it's good for you.

Dahila
10-02-2019, 07:00 PM
I just eat everything in moderation. The reason is that, in many cases, one study will find that one kind of food is bad for you. Then a second study finds that it's good for you.

Absolutely, I think we should listen to our body too. It will tell us what we need :)

salvator here
10-02-2019, 09:57 PM
I agree with you both on that.

Dahila
10-03-2019, 10:42 AM
Happy someone agree with me on something. My man is disagreeing all the time,

MainerMikeBrown
10-03-2019, 01:38 PM
I generally like it when people agree with me, although I'm fine when some folks don't.

Dahila
10-03-2019, 06:26 PM
We always wish that other people agree with us. The wish does not come true very often, Good discussion can bring a new perspective on problem. I like to discuss with people but as long as they are respectful, Discussion is a lost art . People do not do it anymore, they scream, they insult others, especially when they have nothing to support their statements ;)

MainerMikeBrown
10-04-2019, 01:21 PM
This morning I worked at a farm. It went well. But I'm glad to be back home so I can comment to forums such as this one, AnxietyForum.net.

salvator here
10-04-2019, 10:32 PM
I always allow time for AF each day as well.

MainerMikeBrown
10-05-2019, 10:09 AM
I just got back from eating lunch at a general store. I had cheese pizza. And it was good and fresh. It wasn't flimsy, and the taste was just how I like it when I'm eating pizza.

Kirk
10-06-2019, 10:10 AM
Inflammation can be a cause of heart disease and some cancers.

Kirk
10-06-2019, 10:11 AM
I lower my cholesterol using red yeast rice, which is supported by medical studies.

Kirk
10-06-2019, 10:14 AM
I agree that discussion is a lost art. Many people are opinionated and if you disgree with them, they get visibly upset.

MainerMikeBrown
10-06-2019, 12:47 PM
Right now it's halftime in the Patriots/Redskins game.

While I wait for the second half of the game to begin, I've decided to come here and say hey.

MainerMikeBrown
10-06-2019, 02:38 PM
Patriots win, 33-7.

Dahila
10-06-2019, 02:41 PM
wow. I hope everyone had a good weekend, I had my grandchild for two nights and her dog, As much as I love her , I am tired now

MainerMikeBrown
10-06-2019, 04:08 PM
Rest up, Dahila.

salvator here
10-06-2019, 05:35 PM
It wasn't a bad weekend all things considered. I got out every day and ate out every night, walked a bit to. Nothing wrong with alone time to get in touch with inner self. I tend to carry negativity with me on my walks though, I'm hard on myself, I need to recognize my limitations that I can't change. I expect too much sometimes, hard to explain.

All-in-all.. not too bad.

Glad to see the regulars here posting :)

Dahila
10-06-2019, 07:19 PM
I am going to bed but I am happy you have okay weekend.
Sal I love to be alone, it helps me focus on life on now and here. When people are around I get destructed a lot, which is not good
Anyway I wish a good night and an awesome Monday

MainerMikeBrown
10-07-2019, 10:29 AM
Today I've got nothing going on. But tomorrow I'll be busy.

MainerMikeBrown
10-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Normally this time of year I'd be watching a Patriots game tomorrow, as the Pats play many of their games on Sunday afternoons.

But they already played this week's game on Thursday, defeating the Giants 35-14.

I think the Browns play tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I'll watch some of their game. I'm not a huge fan of the Browns. But I'd like to see them do well this year, considering all the losing Cleveland fans have had to endure for a long time.

Dahila
10-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Today I had markets they sucked, no a lot of sales, but i am here and ready to rest Sunday ; shopping laundry, and I will try our new dishwasher this time we got bosh. I hope i like it, Monday Canadian Thanksgiving I am going for a dinner to my daughter home, first time after they bought it on may, kind of scary for me beacuse they have a cat and I am very allergic to cats, I love them and it is tough not to touch them when they are around me ;)

MainerMikeBrown
10-13-2019, 04:37 PM
The Browns lost today. But it doesn't break my heart.

Dahila
10-13-2019, 05:07 PM
good Mike broken heart is not fun :))

MainerMikeBrown
10-13-2019, 07:08 PM
The Patriots are the only NFL team that I really care about.

Dahila
10-14-2019, 06:56 AM
Mike I was teasing you, I am very serious about soccer and I am such fan of good soccer game :) I do understand

MainerMikeBrown
10-14-2019, 08:47 AM
Dahila, what is your favorite soccer team?

Dahila
10-14-2019, 02:18 PM
First of all Polish team , then Real Madrid , I forgot the name of Nicaraguan team but I love all the latinos teams they are incredible, The team I really disliked is Dutch team, They all play extremely hard a lot of damage to other teams, The last series I watched was Europe champion cup and I was so surprised by Japanese team such precision and cooperation, not very often you do see it, Birts have a really good team and Kaine is fantastic , he is much better than Ronaldo. So no favorites, for me, I like the cooperation and precision and not violence, no violence. Of course you can not avoid violence in soccer. Mike you would not like watching match with me , I scream like crazy, I think it is a result of actually being raised by two older brothers. My mom was always working , she brought us up by herself
Looks like Liverpool FC is on high rankings now. I have to be inspired by game :))

MainerMikeBrown
10-17-2019, 02:54 PM
Dahila, I'm glad you're passionate about watching soccer. It's good to have a strong interest in something like that.

Dahila
10-17-2019, 06:28 PM
Oh Mike I have so many passions and hobbies It would be enough for 3 live times. So many books to read, so many pictures to take, a lot of flowers I had never had in my garden, I do not have enough time to follow all of them
I am the person who moves even in the sleep. I make 5 things at the time, Even eating is used to read a book at the same time. No good habit people say

MainerMikeBrown
10-18-2019, 02:16 PM
I think it's good to have a hobby and a passion for something. However, I think it's great to have lots of hobbies and a passion for many things like you do, Dahila!

Dahila
10-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Thank you Mike, I had such successful day on Market that passion (skin care) is burning high flame. Yep i need like 4 lifetimes to do everything I plan, That's ok I may come back to finish it ;) I hope Sal is good, He is not posting for a few days , it is just us Mike for now.

MainerMikeBrown
10-19-2019, 05:48 PM
Today I had a nice day. I traveled north to central Maine where I went to a get-together with some old friends.

salvator here
10-19-2019, 06:44 PM
Hi Dahila..

Thanks for asking about me, means a lot. Been rough lately for me but today was better and I got outside for the first time in a while. Lol about coming back to finish :D

Good to see you and Mike posting here. I enjoy reading you both :)

Ponder
10-20-2019, 01:57 AM
Hey ... Sal ... D:

You guys mind if I start up a new Journal?

Thinking my break has been long enough.

Hope this finds you both well.

salvator here
10-20-2019, 06:10 AM
Hey Ponder..

I think a new journal would be great now from you.

I'ts nice to see you again :)

Dahila
10-20-2019, 07:12 AM
wow my dear friend is back, I am soooooooo happy . Start new journals please
starting from fresh is always good . As you see we kept the forum alive for you :)

MainerMikeBrown
10-20-2019, 03:00 PM
Hey Ponder, how have you been?

MainerMikeBrown
10-26-2019, 02:45 PM
This afternoon, I watched a Maine Black Bears college football game on TV. The Black Bears won, defeating William and Mary.

It felt sort of different rooting for a football team other than the Patriots, as I was rooting for Maine.

MainerMikeBrown
10-31-2019, 12:53 PM
I feel bad for kids wanting to go trick or treating for Halloween here in Maine because the weather isn't cooperating. It's been raining all day here. And it's also supposed to be rainy as well as windy tonight.

Dahila
10-31-2019, 05:23 PM
it is the same here raining and cold , they call for snow at night

MainerMikeBrown
10-31-2019, 05:51 PM
It's probably going to be too warm tonight for it to snow here. Although the weather is lousy here, it's actually relatively warm outside now.

Dahila
10-31-2019, 08:01 PM
I do not mind till I have to drive on highway on snowy day , especially very early morning when the streets are not salted, Personally I like cold weather winter is so clean when I look on my garden so pure

MainerMikeBrown
11-01-2019, 06:42 PM
Winter is no longer my favorite season. I liked it when I was a teen. But not now.

Dahila
11-02-2019, 04:55 AM
it is always too hot for me, and on winter time I have a little allergies , probably this is the reason I like it, The worst is summer for me. When I was a kid I was always too cold not anymore not for the last 30 years ;)

MainerMikeBrown
11-02-2019, 11:41 AM
I've never been to anywhere in the southern hemisphere before.

Hence, I always think of winter as the coldest time of the year.

MainerMikeBrown
11-05-2019, 02:35 PM
Meteorologists are thinking snow on Thursday night into Friday here in Maine.

I haven't seen snow on the ground since probably last April.

Dahila
11-05-2019, 03:29 PM
same here, messy week snow then rain, I already have winter tires on so does my daughter :)

MainerMikeBrown
11-07-2019, 02:48 PM
The tread on the tires of my car are in pretty good shape for when the snow arrives, I'm glad to say.

Dahila
11-07-2019, 03:52 PM
they call for 20 cm of snow through the night and up to 5 tomorrow. eh fun driving on snowy roads . :(

salvator here
11-07-2019, 10:35 PM
Yeah it'll be a winter wonderland soon enough.

Sorry I've been out of commission lately - hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the weather no matter what I guess.

Dahila
11-08-2019, 06:39 AM
Sal it is nice to see you back, so another small victory. Whole night snow was falling around 30cm or more, Right now sun is on and everything is sparkling. I can not wait and see my hubby face and the prospect of clearing driveway

MainerMikeBrown
11-08-2019, 11:43 AM
I'm currently feeling lazy because I've been sitting on the couch in which the sun is hitting the couch.

It's nice to sit in the sunlight on a cold day like today, as it's only 30 F degrees right now here.

salvator here
11-08-2019, 10:08 PM
Thanks, Dahila, good to see you too. A bit rough going here I guess. Just taking it day-by-day I guess.

MainerMikeBrown
11-09-2019, 07:42 AM
This morning when I got up out of bed it was only 18 F here.

Chilly.

Dahila
11-09-2019, 06:18 PM
yeah what we do every day is just a survival. So far we doing it pretty well , I guess.
oh mike it was bit warmer in my place but still ; winter is coming

Ponder
11-10-2019, 04:27 AM
Could be worse, people dying over here due to an outbreak of fires across two states. My parents prepped with make shift face masks to leave the town they were in due to possible smoke inhalation. Thankfully they got out in time. 130 fires all up. I don't know much about it because I don't follow the news. Just my mum letting me know that they are alright.

(https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/nov/10/nsw-and-queensland-fires-sydney-to-face-catastrophic-fire-danger-for-first-time)https://i.ibb.co/nBgJQdK/Fires.png (https://ibb.co/T1v3PjN)

So don't worry about the low temps - I am sure there is a lot worse to come yet. ;)

Dahila
11-10-2019, 07:34 AM
this tread is about us, I do not panic because fires, floods are normal on earth and I do not listen the "scientists" type Greta (:) ), whatever is happening on earth is normal. Change of climate were always present. Do I am not worried, I am worried how I will drive next day when they call for 30 cm of snow ;(global warming ) bs.
Survival; I was more of mental survivor not the so called "climate emergency"
We are surviving: Anxiety, depression, deaths in the family and ectercera
We had we have a major fires in Alberta Province of Canada; and it was yelled that is Climate emergency; hm ; RCMP finds Alberta wildfires started by arson

Ponder
11-10-2019, 11:36 AM
this tread is about us ...

Edit ... Takes his smiley face and will go sit on that.

Sorry to others for dismissing your suffering. I can see now - "could be worse" is not a good opening statement. Dismissing others is a bitch and I should know better.

In the same light, I don't beleive people survive - but no definition on survival is a lot different to others.

MainerMikeBrown
11-11-2019, 12:09 PM
It's starting to sleet out here now.

Tonight I'm supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow with sleet and freezing rain mixed in.

Hence, I won't be volunteering at the food pantry tomorrow morning, unfortunately. I was hoping to help out. But the weather has other plans.

Dahila
11-11-2019, 06:03 PM
yeah it is snowing for straight 12 hours, I did not have leave the house, I had just to check mail box and to ride into garage , Miserable weather. I hope you do not get scared of above posts, I can not take any more propaganda about climate change or whatever.

MainerMikeBrown
11-13-2019, 02:05 PM
I went to the grocery store this afternoon. I bought some cookies for myself tonight, as well as a can of cream of celery soup for lunch either tomorrow or the day after.

Dahila
11-14-2019, 07:56 AM
I miss Sal, he always makes me feel better. I am getting ready for Saturday for my markets ;) working on painted bath bombs .

MainerMikeBrown
11-16-2019, 10:33 AM
I ate a cheeseburger for lunch at a general store late this morning.

But now I wish I had ordered a double cheeseburger instead because I'm starting to get hungry already. And it's only early afternoon as of the time of this writing.

MainerMikeBrown
11-18-2019, 08:17 AM
I'm happy because yesterday the New England Patriots defeated the Eagles in Philadelphia 17-10.

It wasn't pretty, as the Pats made some mistakes during the game. But I'd rather have the Patriots win ugly than lose ugly.

MainerMikeBrown
11-27-2019, 04:32 PM
Tonight here in southern Maine, we're supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow. So it looks like we'll have a white Thanksgiving here tomorrow, with highs only in the low to mid 30's F.

Dahila
11-27-2019, 05:35 PM
Oh Mike and Sal you have a very happy Thanksgiving. Best wishes <3

MainerMikeBrown
11-27-2019, 06:16 PM
Thanks, Dahila!

MainerMikeBrown
12-05-2019, 01:27 PM
Thanksgiving went well for me this year. We only had patches of snow on the ground here on Thanksgiving Day.

Next week, Santa is going to make an appearance at the childrens floor of one of the libraries that I volunteer at. Should be fun.

Dahila
12-06-2019, 05:15 AM
yes we are ready with preparation for Xmas, especially on markets,But the year is slow economy in Canada thanks to sockjerk is down and people have problem to afford food so the things like I produce are the luxury . Yeah children are exited to see santa, Ooooooooo you are going to be Santa, cool. Have fun Mike

MainerMikeBrown
12-06-2019, 12:50 PM
I loved looking forward to getting gifts from Santa each Christmas. Believing in Santa was so much fun for me.

Dahila
12-06-2019, 04:07 PM
Well I found in the mail box a gift from an awesome polish writer and poet ; his new book My heart is singing

MainerMikeBrown
12-08-2019, 09:25 AM
Yesterday, December 7, was my 41st birthday. I enjoyed the day. I treated myself to a nice meal at a local restaurant. Then I ate some junk food at home afterwards and spent some time with my parents.

Dahila
12-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Mike, may all your wishes come true :)

MainerMikeBrown
12-09-2019, 01:14 PM
Thank you, Dahila. I hope my birthday wish comes true (but I can't say what the wish is, because if I do that, it's bad luck, or so they say...lol)

MainerMikeBrown
12-14-2019, 10:21 AM
Tomorrow we're supposed to get some rather windy weather here in Maine, according the local meteorologists.

The Patriots/Bengals game will be on TV tomorrow. So I hope the weather doesn't cause me to lose power.

Dahila
12-14-2019, 07:05 PM
How was your birthday Mike. I hope it was good. I am back from market and exhausted but very satisfied with sales

gypsylee
12-17-2019, 07:10 PM
Well hello my anxious friends :cool:

I'm amazed this place is still up and running! This is good though.. Now we just need Jesse, Nixon, PanicCured and the spiritual guy whose name escapes me.

Ponder.. You must be in the vicinity of the fires? :eek: The heat hasn't really reached Victoria yet. I'm bracing myself for it though, ugh.

;)

Dahila
12-18-2019, 03:38 PM
Oh Nixon showed his face a few weeks ago and said hello Dahila how is the bubbly soap going or something like that. Jesse I think I had seen him maybe 3 years ago here on AF. I am suffering does not come here either, Kuma was posting few weeks ago.
We Mike and I talking nonsense just to keep this place going
It is wonderful to see you, however is not good that you are so down , I hope it will improve soon. You need some meds to take the edge off :)

salvator here
12-18-2019, 06:35 PM
Hi Dahila, Mike, and Gypsy (and other old-timers as well)..

What a shocker to see you again, gypsy, sorry you've been down. Seeing you here again perked me up.

sorry I don't post much, been rough I guess, idk. btw Dahila, never did get off the med (the zyprexa) as expected. We Tried a slow taper and I wound up in crisis. My doc said its not the right time and will try again later. for now staying on 5 MG. Honestly, maybe after the holidays I'll be able to think clearer. Not doing well sad to admit. Too much on my plate sometimes to keep up. Sorry for not making sense.

Anyway, hope you're all finding something to enjoy about this holiday season. Maybe I'll try to see the Christmas lights this year. they are nice. The smells are nice too. Its not all bad.

I often think about everyone here and I'm glad this place is still going.

Take care.

gypsylee
12-19-2019, 05:42 AM
Hi Dahila, Mike, and Gypsy (and other old-timers as well)..

What a shocker to see you again, gypsy, sorry you've been down. Seeing you here again perked me up.

sorry I don't post much, been rough I guess, idk. btw Dahila, never did get off the med (the zyprexa) as expected. We Tried a slow taper and I wound up in crisis. My doc said its not the right time and will try again later. for now staying on 5 MG. Honestly, maybe after the holidays I'll be able to think clearer. Not doing well sad to admit. Too much on my plate sometimes to keep up. Sorry for not making sense.

Anyway, hope you're all finding something to enjoy about this holiday season. Maybe I'll try to see the Christmas lights this year. they are nice. The smells are nice too. Its not all bad.

I often think about everyone here and I'm glad this place is still going.

Take care.

Heya Salvator :)

As I say, I would've been here sooner but I assumed it had gone. I haven't been too down, but I tell you what - I am after spending seriously about 10 hours trying to sort out the mess I've made of Facebook accounts! It's definitely not just me though.. These big sites like FB and Google are an absolute nightmare. I've been using the internet since 1997 or so, and everything was so straightforward. You'd think technology would make things easier wouldn't you? You'd also think it'd get less expensive. But thanks to these corporations it's neither. I've sometimes had to force myself to just stop and put things away before I throw my laptop or phone across the room in a complete fit of rage. I really like sites like this that are more like they used to be.

*sigh* /rant

Oh and I was going to say Zyprexa is a horrid drug. I ended up in hospital last year because of it. Short-term it's ok but after a few months my muscles went pretty much catatonic. I felt like I was in restraints but I wasn't. The hospital staff were just staring at me and I was actually laughing, saying "I'm not making this up - I can't move!"

I'm thinking of starting a personal thread of sorts here (like Ponder). That might cheer some people up :rolleyes:

Dahila
12-19-2019, 05:56 AM
yep start personal thead but you can post in any thread, just do not tell people to fuck off your thread which is typical for Ponder.
I had not seen Sal for over a month , I hope he is ok ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp Salvador how good to see you , :)
Are you guys waiting for holidays? I hate holidays all the presents, which I do not want to get . I gave my daughter money so she got cool things for my grandchild . I am too stressed to enjoy Xmas dinner eh

gypsylee
12-19-2019, 06:44 AM
yep start personal thead but you can post in any thread, just do not tell people to fuck off your thread which is typical for Ponder.
I had not seen Sal for over a month , I hope he is ok ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp Salvador how good to see you , :)
Are you guys waiting for holidays? I hate holidays all the presents, which I do not want to get . I gave my daughter money so she got cool things for my grandchild . I am too stressed to enjoy Xmas dinner eh

I'm not waiting.. I'm already surrounded by it :( I probably told you (and anyone who will listen) I live in one of the two biggest tourist areas in the state. Our population probably triples over the next few months (one article said 6 million people visit the area over summer). I'm already hibernating, partly because my house is cool, but also because the amount of people is just horrible. I dread this time of year and it's going to be a really bad summer. Half the country is already burning and I've honestly never been this worried about bushfires in my whole 40+ years living in Australia.

MainerMikeBrown
12-19-2019, 04:30 PM
It's been rather windy here today, which is why a spruce tree in the yard of the house I live in just landed on the shed about half hour ago! However, the shed doesn't look to have much damage, as the fallen tree is merely resting on the roof of the shed.

I'm just glad the tree didn't land on the house I live in.

Otherwise, I'm doing fine now. I hope everyone is well.

MainerMikeBrown
12-26-2019, 04:48 PM
I had a good Christmas. Now I'm looking forward to New Year's Eve, where I'll say goodbye to this decade and hello to the '20's.

salvator here
12-26-2019, 05:30 PM
It was quiet, just the way I wanted it. Besides I was in no shape to be good company to others so I just slept mostly. Guess what, it cost me $0. YAY for that!!

If I don't see you all before.. wishing everyone here at AF a happy, healthy, and safe new year.

See you in 2020.

Take good care.

-Sal

Dahila
12-27-2019, 08:33 AM
Hi Sal I was wondering where you are, good to see you. Good to see that we all survived Xmas, :))

MainerMikeBrown
12-27-2019, 02:33 PM
On this New Year's Eve, I won't be just reflecting on the past year. I'll also be reflecting on the past decade.

Dahila
12-28-2019, 04:47 AM
Maybe you should look into future Mike, Every time I reflect on past I get anxious and upset, but a lot of bad things happened to me in past ..so maybe it is a reason

MainerMikeBrown
12-31-2019, 03:13 PM
Happy New Year everyone...or for that matter, Happy New Decade everyone!

Dahila
01-01-2020, 06:26 AM
Thank you and happy New year to you all.
We survived :)

MainerMikeBrown
01-01-2020, 12:49 PM
The '20's are now here, believe it or not!

Dahila
01-01-2020, 08:04 PM
yep and my wish is ; 2020 be as good as was 2019

MainerMikeBrown
01-02-2020, 03:23 PM
Now that it's past New Year's Day, I'm not thinking as much about the past decade. I'm thinking more about the present as well as how 2020 may turn out to be like for me.

gypsylee
01-02-2020, 11:31 PM
Now that it's past New Year's Day, I'm not thinking as much about the past decade. I'm thinking more about the present as well as how 2020 may turn out to be like for me.

I’m a bit excited about it being a new decade. Well, I’m anxious as hell about the current state of the world, but anxiety and excitement are related. Let’s just think it’ll be *interesting* :)

Dahila
01-03-2020, 04:45 AM
I have the feeling that world will go completely insane in this decade, if there is not enough insanity , .......... eh

gypsylee
01-03-2020, 09:32 AM
I have the feeling that world will go completely insane in this decade, if there is not enough insanity , .......... eh

Maybe it’s at peak insanity lol. Right now I feel grateful for the rest of the world showing support.. Especially since we’ve had a govt that couldn’t care less about its own country for the last decade or so.

MainerMikeBrown
01-03-2020, 05:37 PM
It's true that insanity in our world is around. But, on the other hand, their's still a lot of good and sanity in our world.

MainerMikeBrown
01-04-2020, 12:44 PM
Tonight the Patriots play the Tennessee Titans in Foxboro, Massachusetts in a playoff showdown. So I'll be glued to the TV tonight.

Go Patriots!

salvator here
01-04-2020, 06:08 PM
It's true that insanity in our world is around. But, on the other hand, their's still a lot of good and sanity in our world.Sometimes you'd never know it, everyone looks to be at their breaking points. You can see it and feel it everywhere you go in public. Admittedly I find it quite hard to be in public, honestly, its a chore. I'm quite sensitive to negative energy. I have to be medicated to be around people.

Dahila, Mike, Gypsy (fellow old-timers).. would you mind if I start a personal thread? I do have a lot to get off my shoulders. I wouldn't expect replies, just a journal I guess. I'm thinking of appropriate titles to reflect how I'm feeling currently and issues I hope to resolve, or at least work on. Staying silent, unfortunately, it builds and I feel like a pressure cooker waiting to explode.

Hope you all are recovering from the holidays and doing well now. Me.. I haven't completely recovered yet. Still waves of panic come over me. Things were never resolved and never will be. Hard to explain.

Dahila
01-04-2020, 08:19 PM
Being in public places is really hard at least for me. The tension is building, I can feel it, Something is going to happen something major
I will not mind if you start personal thread as long as I am welcome there ? Would I be? It is very good to see you Salvator
For some people writing is like a therapy, Raggamuffin does it, describing his fight with his addition. Read it Sal, He is a good writer and he explained a lot to me

gypsylee
01-05-2020, 05:45 AM
Sometimes you'd never know it, everyone looks to be at their breaking points. You can see it and feel it everywhere you go in public. Admittedly I find it quite hard to be in public, honestly, its a chore. I'm quite sensitive to negative energy. I have to be medicated to be around people.

Dahila, Mike, Gypsy (fellow old-timers).. would you mind if I start a personal thread? I do have a lot to get off my shoulders. I wouldn't expect replies, just a journal I guess. I'm thinking of appropriate titles to reflect how I'm feeling currently and issues I hope to resolve, or at least work on. Staying silent, unfortunately, it builds and I feel like a pressure cooker waiting to explode.

Hope you all are recovering from the holidays and doing well now. Me.. I haven't completely recovered yet. Still waves of panic come over me. Things were never resolved and never will be. Hard to explain.

Hey Salvator :)

You may as well do the journal thing.. There’s not much else happening.

I’m definitely still recovering. I was going back and forth from my mother’s place like a maniac.

MainerMikeBrown
01-05-2020, 04:26 PM
I had a pretty good day today even though the New England Patriots lost last night in a playoff game, ending the season for the Pats.

Dahila
01-06-2020, 06:10 AM
Gypsy I found it today, The "climate change" suppose to cause fires in Australia; well it gets the help. I can not believe what people will do for money and power ; https://summit.news/2020/01/06/nearly-200-people-arrested-across-australia-for-deliberately-starting-bushfires/

MainerMikeBrown
01-06-2020, 12:22 PM
We had massive fires here in Maine, United States way back in 1947, which was way before I was born. It devastated much of Maine.

Dahila
01-06-2020, 12:40 PM
But Dahila, Greta says the fire is from climate change. Is she wrong?

you just made my day heheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

gypsylee
01-07-2020, 01:08 AM
Gypsy I found it today, The "climate change" suppose to cause fires in Australia; well it gets the help. I can not believe what people will do for money and power ; https://summit.news/2020/01/06/nearly-200-people-arrested-across-australia-for-deliberately-starting-bushfires/

It’s 100% climate change. Deniers need to pull their heads out of their arses right now. I wasn’t a fan of Greta or Extinction Rebellion, but I changed in the months leading up to this.

Greta is the prophet Self of all Selves! Deal with it :cool:

MainerMikeBrown
01-07-2020, 12:57 PM
I just saw my psychiatrist about an hour ago. I had nothing in particular to discuss with him. But we had a nice chat. I told him what I've been doing lately, including the fact that I discuss my issues with mental illness on online forums such as this one.

The next time I'll see him will be in two months.

MainerMikeBrown
01-07-2020, 02:13 PM
My psychiatrist and I are both happy with how I've been doing over the last seven or eight years.

Dahila
01-07-2020, 05:05 PM
Gypsy :))))).........

gypsylee
01-07-2020, 06:15 PM
Did you see the video of the Extinction Rebellion activist being pulled off a train and beaten up? That happened right near my house.

My area is full of working class immigrants. That dude realised quickly that these folk aren't as calm and passive as the white middle class women he's used to interacting with.

Nah but we had plenty of that here. Our cops are getting semi-automatic rifles now lol (true). One of them (police) was caught doing a “white power” hand gesture. He might not have been popular in your area.

Dahila heeeeeee ;)

Dahila
01-07-2020, 08:17 PM
Guys we are called the hypocrites ,
Fuck the thingy Gypsy we were talking about, It is back and in full miserable way I wake up so hot my mind is screaming ; HELP.
Can not sleep the last few nights

gypsylee
01-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Guys we are called the hypocrites ,
Fuck the thingy Gypsy we were talking about, It is back and in full miserable way I wake up so hot my mind is screaming ; HELP.
Can not sleep the last few nights

Mine’s been better actually. I went back on Zoloft a month ago and maybe that’s helped. Or I’ve been so stressed over Xmas I didn’t notice.

But I understand.. I wake up boiling hot with my heart racing and it’s just awful. Then if I go outside or something where it’s cool I freeze. I kept taking my temperature at one stage and it was always normal. So I don’t understand, and neither do doctors.

MainerMikeBrown
01-08-2020, 09:53 AM
We received an inch of new snow here this morning. I don't think I'll have to do any shoveling, however, as I think most of the new snow will melt this afternoon.

MainerMikeBrown
01-09-2020, 12:20 PM
We're supposed to get some warm weather this weekend here in Maine, like 55 F degree weather. It might be a good break from the winter cold for me.

Dahila
01-09-2020, 04:00 PM
yep the same here mike

MainerMikeBrown
01-10-2020, 05:19 PM
An ice storm is on the way for us here in Maine on Sunday. So I'll probably be stuck inside all day on Sunday.

MainerMikeBrown
01-13-2020, 02:37 PM
Today I purchased two containers of yogurt at the grocery store, only to realize when I got home that they have more sugar than I'd like.

Dahila
01-13-2020, 04:06 PM
For me shopping is hard job, I need to check for sugars (99 different names) and for fillers which is usually some kind of starch. I do not buy anything that I can make at home

MainerMikeBrown
01-18-2020, 01:13 PM
Tomorrow I'll be watching the AFC Championship game and then the NFC Championship game. Lots of NFL football for me to look forward to watching tomorrow.

MainerMikeBrown
02-02-2020, 11:49 AM
Tonight I'll be watching the Kansas City Chiefs play against the San Francisco 49ers in the Super Bowl.

May the best team win.

MainerMikeBrown
02-06-2020, 05:52 PM
Congrats to the Chiefs and their loyal fans, as they're this season's Super Bowl Champions.

MainerMikeBrown
02-15-2020, 06:08 PM
This morning here where I live in Maine it was -16 F, the coldest temps we've had here this winter.

Dahila
02-16-2020, 07:40 AM
Oh was cold on market yesterday , cold like a hell but was -8 celsius

salvator here
02-16-2020, 07:43 PM
Hey everyone..

I'm still here and wanted to just say hello. Thinking about you guys. A bit worse for the wear but here regardless. Going through a lot, I guess.

Dahila
02-17-2020, 01:19 PM
Hi Sal good you left the note, I was wondering about you. I have now an awful anxiety cause on March 2 I had to board airplane (8 house in the air) With my frigging fear of flying ............eh

MainerMikeBrown
02-17-2020, 01:40 PM
I'm glad that I don't have a fear of flying. I'm sorry to those who do.

Dahila
02-17-2020, 06:06 PM
Mike have you fly many times? I had 5 and each time left me in panicky state, I know statistics, More chance that I will have automobile accident than airplane
Still

MainerMikeBrown
02-18-2020, 09:45 AM
Dahila, the last time I flew was way back in 2004.

However, I've flown a number of different times back in the 90's as well as in the early 2000s.

Dahila
02-18-2020, 01:01 PM
it was my last time too, but I must fly this time ;)
It is going to be my 7 fly if it was a bit shorter but is over 8 hours in the air

MainerMikeBrown
02-18-2020, 04:05 PM
I have to get my car's oil changed by my mechanic tomorrow afternoon. I'm also going to have him look over my car to make sure their are no new repairs needed.

Wish me luck.

Dahila
02-18-2020, 05:57 PM
I wish you luck, I am blessed with my hubby he is master of all trades but mainly cars, Not only every year I have a different car but now he is looking for a Rava SUV for me. For the last 15 years I had not worry about cars, Before that it was tragic . eh
I hope you go with full syntetic, It lasts 10 km and engine likes that a lot .

MainerMikeBrown
02-19-2020, 01:59 PM
I did go with full synthetic oil, Dahila.

Unfortunately for me, I will have to see my mechanic a little over a week from now once again because my car needs some work done to it. Luckily it's not going to cost a great deal of money, however.

Dahila
02-19-2020, 07:02 PM
I keep my fingers crossed that is not going be too much

MainerMikeBrown
02-20-2020, 01:30 PM
It's great to be able to see a local mechanic who is competent at auto repair work and who is honest. He's been my mechanic for many years.

Dahila
02-20-2020, 02:34 PM
If he is honest keep him. I had a guy, Canadian guy who was fixing my car, even my English at this time was not so good. He was fantastic one, no problem to understand me and I trusted him completely. Mike was his name is a great , honest person

MainerMikeBrown
02-21-2020, 12:04 PM
I have kept him as my mechanic for a long time, and I'll continue to do so.

Dahila
02-21-2020, 06:26 PM
I stopped going to my honest Mike when my hubby moved in, He had a huge business, autobody shop :))
I told him that we do not need two cars. but he is so scared of taking me shopping that he keeps rebuilding new cars for me

Kirk
02-22-2020, 08:23 AM
I have flown probably over 100 times and I take a half of a Valium before I fly because sometimes I get a bit dizzy from the motion and the pill helps me quite a bit. I am not afraid of the plane crashing even though I have been involved with a few instances while flying which I will not go into unless I am requested to do so. I once sat near a Southwest Airlines pilot who told me how safe flying really is and that helped me quite a bit.

Kirk
02-22-2020, 08:55 AM
I will tell one story that is not bad. My wife and I were flying out of BWI airport here in Baltimore in January 2019, on a direct non-stop flight to Phoenix Arizona. There was a snow storm the day before which continued into the morning of our flight. We were worried the plane would not take off. We boarded the plane on time and since there was ice, the plane had to be de-iced. After the deicing, the pilot came out in the isle and looked out the windows on each side and said he wanted to make sure the wings looked OK before takeoff and he said all looks good. We took off right into the snow storm and all was fine. The takeoff was a bit bumpy, but we were all OK and you will be too. I would not worry.

Kirk
02-22-2020, 01:05 PM
I have a 2017 Honda Ridgeline and I always take it to the dealer I bought it from as I have an extended warranty and so far I have been treated very fairly by them and have not been charged a few times when I had some minor issues. Many dealers however, I have found to be too expensive and a rip off, so I stay away from them if possible.

MainerMikeBrown
02-22-2020, 05:08 PM
I've never owned a brand new vehicle before. I've always owned pre-owned vehicles (which is a fancy word for used vehicles).

Dahila
02-23-2020, 05:51 AM
yep honda ridegeline is an awesome truck , My cars are preowned too :) but he gets them pretty early and with very low mileage. Usually they are still on dealers guarantee, Honestly I do not like changing the cars so often. I like the routine :)
Dealers are blood succers

Kirk
02-23-2020, 10:04 AM
When I bought the truck new, my wife sort of gave me a hard time and said it was too expensive. I told her that I was 60 years old (I am now 63) and I work very hard and I should be able to buy something I really like and she did not say too much after that.

MainerMikeBrown
02-23-2020, 04:52 PM
Today the weather here in Maine was nice, as it got into the upper 40's F. It was also very sunny.

As a result, I took advantage of the nice weather by going out for a long walk around my neighborhood.

I'm glad I did.

Kirk
02-24-2020, 09:21 AM
The weather is pretty nice here in Baltimore today. It may get into the 50's. Even though I have to work, it is good that there are no issues with the weather.

MainerMikeBrown
02-25-2020, 04:50 PM
I'm glad that spring will be here in less than a month.

Dahila
02-26-2020, 06:41 AM
Miserable today snowing but only -1 Celsius

MainerMikeBrown
02-26-2020, 10:46 AM
I've gotten all my errands done today because I'll likely be stuck inside the house all day tomorrow, as we're supposed to get perhaps a foot of wet and heavy snow were I live.

I hope I don't lose my electricity tomorrow. It won't be a huge deal if I do. But I'd rather not have it go off.

Kirk
02-26-2020, 12:39 PM
I hate snow. When I was young I didn't care, but now that I am older, I hate large amounts of snow immensely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

salvator here
02-26-2020, 02:18 PM
I'm glad that spring will be here in less than a month.I'm also looking forward to it, Mike. Walking outside in the heat for some reason is uplifting to my mood. I usually enjoy bringing my mp3 player along with me.

salvator here
02-26-2020, 02:25 PM
Struggling to accept the things I can't change, you know how it goes and what they say. The only prayer I try to live by (I'm sober and have been for a while now). Just can't seem to gain acceptance for some reason, I still find myself back at square one every time I'm caught off guard. Its hard to explain. I don't have the insight lately to create a new thread.

I think I live in the past too much and I'm stuck in a time warp of when I was in my 30's (I'm 47) and I can't get those years back. I've degraded much since then, even though I was hardly doing well then by all accounts. I've become more withdrawn from society and the little social interaction increases the problem but trying to force becoming friendly is not natural for me. I don't react the same to typical social cues as others do and I silently study people and see my weaknesses and shortcomings. I'm very timid and shy. Far Too nice and kind and wear my heart of my sleeve. Sorry just complaining and babbling, I think. Thank you for putting up with it.

Sorry for the constant edits. Just struggling to stay coherent and make sense.

Dahila
02-26-2020, 04:33 PM
feeling of guilt, I am there too, Our past is never leaving us. I know it is not possible to change but I do struggle like you Sal and it is already for over 30 years. nothing helps, the past always catch me in most unexpected ways. yes social interaction, the pretending to be friendly and happy is difficult. My social interaction are only on market once a week and they are limited to 2 or 3 hours of talking to customers. They ask questions I answer. Many people come to my booth to give me a hug and talk , it is so difficult. I am the happiest when left alone. I am so worry about going on coming Monday to Europe and the time in airplane when people will not leave me alone. It is my sunny completion :)
Everyone wants to talk to me, it is kind of difficult to shot myself out. Then 3 weeks in Poland, with family, how will I survive all the talking??????? Keep your fingers cross Sall for me.
It is really scary , The only consolation is I am not planing to go there again in this life.
I talk to my bro every two weeks on Skype and I am exhausted after all
I probably do understand what you are going through Sal

salvator here
02-26-2020, 06:42 PM
Thanks, Dahila. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, I know you will get through it.

Dahila
02-27-2020, 06:54 AM
Thanks, Dahila. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, I know you will get through it.

I hope so, ;) thanks

MainerMikeBrown
02-28-2020, 04:29 PM
So today my mechanic replaced my car's brake pads and the brake disks. I'm glad he did.

Having a good day.

Kirk
03-01-2020, 11:02 AM
Dahila, have a safe trip and a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MainerMikeBrown
03-01-2020, 11:42 AM
Right now I'm just chilling out sitting in the sun in the living room waiting for two XFL football games on TV which will take place later on today.

Dahila
03-01-2020, 01:31 PM
Thank you Kirk, I probably will look here tomorrow morning, My plane is at 10:45 pm, We leave at 4 pm it is 2 hours drive to airport . Kind os scary so many hours :) Thank you

MainerMikeBrown
03-02-2020, 05:23 PM
I enjoyed watching XFL games over the weekend on TV. I don't have a favorite team, or at least not yet. But I'm enjoying watching the games nonetheless.

Dahila
03-19-2020, 11:32 AM
I am back , it was not good vacation. after a week everything shot down in Poland, so my family kept me inside . Eh the awful time there. I got early flight back. Now I am kind of worry ,

MainerMikeBrown
03-19-2020, 12:35 PM
I'm doing well coping with the coronavirus problems our world is facing. I'm being careful but not being paranoid either.

Dahila
03-20-2020, 09:06 AM
I am trying not to but with my Diabetes, High blood pressure and COPD I am in the group of highest risk

MainerMikeBrown
03-20-2020, 02:29 PM
Head coach of the New Orleans Saints has tested positive for the coronavirus.

MainerMikeBrown
03-21-2020, 09:38 AM
Temperatures are only supposed to get into the upper 30's F here in Maine today.

However, it will be quite sunny out, according to the weather people on TV.

Kirk
03-21-2020, 10:38 AM
I think that the economic impact of the virus may be as bad as the virus itself. Tremendous loss of jobs will cause stress on many people, especially in the airline, cruise ship, restaurant and retail industries.

MainerMikeBrown
03-21-2020, 01:29 PM
I agree with you, Kirk. The economy will suffer. Exactly how bad it will suffer remains to be seen.

Dahila
03-22-2020, 06:43 AM
Kirk what about my small business that is locked for two months but I still need to pay rent , the cost will be not recovered , not way

Kirk
03-22-2020, 07:42 AM
It is terrible and I agree with you Dahila 100%.

Kirk
03-22-2020, 07:44 AM
Here in Maryland, the Comptroller Peter Franchot predicts a loss of 10,000-15,000 small businesses, which is unheard of and awful. This could lead into a severe recession or maybe worse.

MainerMikeBrown
03-22-2020, 01:45 PM
That's a lot of businesses!

MainerMikeBrown
03-24-2020, 01:39 PM
I was unable to volunteer at the food pantry this morning because we received almost a foot of new snow last night, which wasn't expected.

I did call the church that the pantry is at to let them know I couldn't come.

Dahila
03-28-2020, 06:41 AM
Day 10 so far so good, 4 more days and I will leave the house, I had never watched so much movies