PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety after break up

Maxxxy
07-13-2018, 07:40 AM
So my girlfriend broke up with me and I keep getting thoughts that I can't control about her finding another person, she showed all her friends messages I sent to her when i was sad and I got told they laughed about them and was mocking me... I was crying and heartbroken at the time but even after all this I still get sad thinking about her.. I don't want her back because of what she's put me through but at the same time I can't stop thinking about her finding someone else and worrying that her friends and her are laughing about me and it hurts so bad...
I'm only 15 and I know "it gets better" but as young as I am it still hurts so much knowing I'm not gonna feel the same way and I don't know who to talk to... Thanks

ps, I always worry about what people think of me and I'm not sure if that's anxiety but it doesn't feel good as I'm always trying to please everyone and when i don't i feel like they don't like me

Outlook2018
07-17-2018, 06:56 PM
Hi Maxxxy,

I will start off by saying I am much older, but I do have a daughter your age. From my own experiences, as well as her’s, being a teen is tough. Teen love, though exhilarating, does make an already challenging life much tougher. And as far as “what other people think of you,” teens do this. You’re learning social interactions and social hierarchies. It’s not fun, but it’s the reality. The big question is: How will you respond to all of this? I will say, this may be an excellent opportunity to engage in a hobby to take your mind off things, and re-familiarize yourself with some of your friends. And school work … don’t forget about your school work. :) Things will change. Give people their space and take advantage of your space. :) If you find things getting worse, I would reach out to your parents or a school counselor. I’ll pray for you in the meantime. God bless!

Outlook2018