PDA

View Full Version : Visual Snow??

anxietygirl444
04-24-2018, 11:48 AM
Recently I've been noticing what looks like falling snow in one area of my room. It only happens at night, and it seems to grow stronger the longer I stare at it. Basically, little white "snow-like" specks fall down, and even in different directions. I've been really paranoid about this, and am not sure if this is visual snow or something else. For awhile I feared I was going to become schizophrenic, and seeing this "snow" and questioning if it could be a hallucination is definitely bringing that back. I'm already paranoid at night - if I hear a small sound, I often leave my room to see where it came from (for fear of hearing voices/going crazy). It's possible that my recent experience with derealization kickstarted this fear. Has anyone else experienced the "falling snow"? And, if so, should I be worried?

suffering99
04-24-2018, 08:05 PM
Given your description of what you're seeing, it seems like this is visual snow and is a symptom of anxiety, so is your fear of developing schizophrenia (Or going insane, which happens to a lot of people who have anxiety, myself included). either way, don't worry about it, you're not on the verge of developing schizophrenia.