PDA

View Full Version : Waking up feeling strange?

jen1017
11-24-2008, 09:10 AM
I think I could be improving if I didn't have to go through the torture of waking up each morning.

When I wake up, I have this feeling that I'm waking up into another world or like into another life or something.

I can't even really explain it, but it's a very creepy strange feeling. It's kind of how my anxiety/panic began and I don't know why I feel like that.

It doesn't seem like it'd be a normal symptom so that's why it scares me so bad.

Does anyone out there understand what I feel?

Has anyone else experienced this?

brittypixi
11-24-2008, 09:19 AM
i feel that way almost EVERY DAY, so don't think your alone!

jen1017
11-24-2008, 09:21 AM
i feel that way almost EVERY DAY, so don't think your alone!

Really??

How do you deal with it?

brittypixi
11-24-2008, 09:58 AM
well i haven't really found a way to get rid of it yet :( but sometimes i just concentrate really hard on sleeping like picture myself sleeping and it helps :)

jen1017
11-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Humm...I don't really have a problem falling asleep.

It's the waking up part.

Or is that what you mean?

brittypixi
11-24-2008, 10:26 AM
yeah when i wake up i feel really bad like that and cant get BACK to sleep, basically i wake up early morning and it keeps me UP :(

anna_0range
11-24-2008, 12:10 PM
I know exactly what you guys are talking about. Its that "out of body feeling"

My boyfriend and i both get it. We discribe it as an "inner outer shell expierance" Its like... Your in another world and you dont know whats going on, but still you just go through the motions of what you are supposed to be doing.

I think everyone might get it at different times that they fear having anxiety...Maybe you get it in the morning because you had an anxiety attack in the morning once so now you fear it?

My boyfriend usualy gets that feeling at night, he has a fear of going to sleep and not waking up...We think this causes it.

I usualy get that feeling when i go on long bike rides WICH IS REALLY WEIRD! But im still trying to find different methods myself to cope with it.

Most of the time i splash water on my face...it seems to help a little bit somtimes. :?

bomont
11-24-2008, 07:09 PM
If you go to bed feeling a certain way, you are sure to wake feeling like it.

A few years ago I had an operation under general anaesthetic. I'd had a few ops previously and they didn't bother me. However, this time I felt very panicky.

When I came round I found myself on a heart monitor after suffering from a panic attack under anaesthetic. I know for a fact that it was because I was so anxious before going in.

Its the same with sleep. You need to calm your mind and the mornings will be better.

northstar
11-25-2008, 07:24 AM
feeling bad when you wake up is quite common with anxiety, it can be due to the fact that you haven't eaten for hours and hours and your blood sugars are low. the best way to combat it is to eat a good wholesome breakfast as soon as possible when you wake up, never ever skip breakfast!

it can also help to look at getting one of those SAD light alarm clocks that will light up slowly and wake you up more naturally during the dark winter mornings - i'm thinking about asking my boyfriend to get me one for christmas cause i find the mornings quite difficult at times!