PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, I´m colour!

colour
01-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Hi! :)
My name is colour because I love painting more than anything else.
Other things I love to do: writing (e.g. stories, poets, letters..),
to meet my dear friends, to be with my pets..
These things help me to stay alive. :roll:
Since the age of 12 I have suffered from deep depressions, :shock: which get more and more unbearable,
social anxiety and other Borderline symptoms which make my life to a hell. :(
Now I´m 26 years old.
Nice greetings, colour! :roll:

shoe
01-16-2006, 08:11 AM
hi colour, welcome to the forum.

its good you have hobbies you enjoy :) I actually like to write too, but am lazy about it sometimes :snore: hehe.

pets have a nice soothing way about them dont they :). I sorta miss having one, but I can't really have one where I live right now.

colour, are you getting help of any kind? (therapy, medications, etc)

colour
01-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Thanks! :mrgreen:
Yes, I´m getting help: I often go to a psychiatrist who prescribes me different medicine and I´m looking for the right Psychotherapist now. :roll:
But at the moment this help isn´t enough. :(
I feel very, very sad, hopeless, desperate and weak.
I think, the best I can do is to read and write here..
With all the best wishes colour!

shoe
01-17-2006, 09:31 AM
colour, sorry to hear things are so hard. I find that for depression, it helps a LOT to do exercise everyday.. 30 minutes of pretty high intensity stuff seems to work wonders for me :) I took a supplement called 'SAM-e' at one point for depression, and that helped too.

If you're affected by seasonal affective disorder (less sunlight during the winter and all), then some 'light therapy' could help. Also vitamin D may help since you don't generate as much as you would with exposure to the sun like during the summer.

shoe

colour
01-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks! :mrgreen:
I have my depression because I had a very bad childhood and since the age of 12 I have been bullied by my class-mates for 7 years. After that I was bullied in two jobs I did, too. :(
Because of my sad and difficult childhood I got my depressions when I was 12. And since then I got more and more unsure and depressed, and I got social anxiety and some Borderline symptoms. :oops:
To do exercise can help well. When my knees don´t hurt too much I go jogging every day for about 1,5 hours.
I need that, but the last 4 days including today my knees hurt too much.
And I already have tried light therapy. My father has such a light at home. That´s funny bright , but it doesn´t help me really.
I hope a counselling (therapy) might help me more... :roll: