PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a healthy fast weight loss program or b

diane.jsmith
11-14-2008, 08:15 AM
I have been dieting since January, and I have only been able to lose 19 pounds. We leave for a cruise in less than a month. I really would like to drop at least 10 lbs. before the cruise. I can't fit into any of my clothes at this weight. Besides I am not comfortable here. I have tried the South Beach Diet, Five Factor Diet, Abs Diet for Women, The Skinny and Atkins. I exercise every day--walking 45 minutes to an hour. I weight lift 5 days a week. And I am so frustrated. I am not evern losing the 2 lbs a week that most experts say is the healthy amount to lose. I am hungry all the time, so the 6 small meals a day are the best thing for me. I am desperate. But I want to be healthy. I am not willing to starve and just lose water weight that comes right back. I am 45 years old, and I gained a lot of weight on an anti-depressant. I have since stopped the anti-depressant, but now I am really struggling to lose the weight, esp. the belly weight. Has anyone found anything that works for them? I have cut out sugar, refined carbs, etc. I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies. I also eat lean protein. But nothing seems to budge this weight.