PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

BigK
03-30-2017, 02:42 AM
Hi all,

This is my first time joining a forum for folks suffering from anxiety/panic etc. I'm a bit nervous about it :).

As for my journey, it's not all that different from those I've read. I've been anxious my whole life. I go through periods of very high anxiety, and for at least one period in my life I was having daily panic attacks.

My worries stem from work mostly... Late at night I wake up with racing thoughts and an upset stomach. The lack of sleep makes the worrying worse, and work harder. A vicious cycle.

I'm looking for people going through similar issues in their life - to find a shoulder to cry on at 2:30 AM EST. Hope this is such a place.

Talk to you all soon,

BigK

Kirk
03-30-2017, 08:48 PM
Welcome to the forum. I have had health anxiety off and on for many years. I own a small business and it can be stressful, so I know what work stress can be like.

BigK
03-31-2017, 04:57 AM
Wow. Small business is tough work for sure. What do you do to separate your work life from your home life? I find myself bringing my work worries home - which is bad for me, bad for my family and just... bad.

Any tips you can offer?

Welcome to the forum. I have had health anxiety off and on for many years. I own a small business and it can be stressful, so I know what work stress can be like.

MainerMikeBrown
04-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Welcome Big K. We're here to try to help you.

Kirk
04-02-2017, 08:05 PM
That is a tough question. I can't really say too much to my wife as she has her own work stress. I try to distract myself as much as I can by doing various things i enjoy. I think it is natural to bring work home with you sometimes, so I would not be too hard on yourself.