PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Prisoner
12-28-2016, 09:03 PM
Hi
I’ve been suffering from depression, anxiety and other mental health issues most of my adult life.

I am a pessimistic ruminator with a horribly negative outlook on everything. This has robbed me of any joy or hope for the future. Every day I wake up anxious and dread filled, waiting for something bad to happen, which of course it never does.

I am a strongly introverted personality, and this Christmas has been especially hard on me, with too much forced socializing.

Ive seen a psychologist on and off for the past few years, and CBT certainly helps, but with the cost of mental healthcare here, I can't afford this on a regular basis.

I really hope to get some ideas for managing my issues from this forums.

Regards

Prisoner

gypsylee
12-28-2016, 11:00 PM
Hi and welcome :)

fixmybrokenmind
12-28-2016, 11:14 PM
Hello Prisoner and welcome. Stick around and you will receive lots of support from like minded people.

I highly suggest reading "how to stop worrying and start living" to start. That book made a serious impact in my life and outlook and did more for me than visiting a psychologist. Not to mention it was $10 or free from a library

peteski37
12-30-2016, 09:55 AM
Hi and welcome I feel this is the right place to be if you're looking for advice