PDA

View Full Version : A Life Without Anxiety?

magicmarcus
12-23-2016, 11:58 AM
ok here is an interesting question...

what would your life look like if nothing changed... except... you no longer had anxiety?

Kirk
12-23-2016, 02:30 PM
Everyone has some anxiety from time to time, but less of it would always be a welcome change.

Ponder
12-23-2016, 03:07 PM
ok here is an interesting question...

what would your life look like if nothing changed... except... you no longer had anxiety?

You cannot take one thing out of the equation and expect nothing else to change. I think if I entertained such an illusion as to have my world free from anxiety; my world we be more unbalanced than it currently is. I would end up asking more endless questions as to no longer have the means to contrast black from white, my world would turn grey and there I would keep seeking the meaning to such a colourless existence.

During those times I stopped asking questions ... I think my world would look pretty & shallow and reside in a place that does not really exist.

Either way I think I would have more problems to think in such illusionary terms. I'm fine with the way nature is.

Many of these questions make great for the selling of concepts and methods. Then there is the fact the we also love to kid ourselves. The latter helps me more when I am able to see more the world as some kind of Joke. Anxiety is not the problem; I think it's more the way with how we have been taught to think. The need to control and suggest by dreaming up such elusive questions.

gypsylee
12-23-2016, 07:02 PM
You know, I've been anxious for that long I wouldn't have a clue. I'm at my mum's this weekend and she showed me some baby photos. We joked that I already look anxious and it's true! Mum said an interesting thing: "You already wanted to go home". She isn't particularly spiritual so I don't know what she meant by that and didn't think about it until later. But yes, there are quite a few baby photos of me looking stressed and I can remember having trouble sleeping as early as about 5yo. I had a nice childhood (apart from my parents' issues which were nothing out of the ordinary) and I'm convinced I was born anxious and not keen on being here.

Anyway, I honestly can't answer this question. The best I can do is say I would probably be travelling overseas. I do still plan on it some day.

:)

Anne1221
12-23-2016, 08:16 PM
My life would be totally and completely different and it would be WONDERFUL! I hate worrying about everything all the time. However, I am a very kind, compassionate and caring person that every day makes a positive difference in someone's life, so maybe that would go away, and I wouldn't want that.