PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions

danieljdavies
10-27-2008, 05:50 AM
Hi, I have recently been suffering from anxiety over the last few weeks , which has been getting worse. constantly worrying, tight throat, constantly finding it hard to breathe, and worse of all constantly thining about it. its horrible. i also have asthma, so that doesnt help with the panic attacks.

i went to the doctors twice, thinking i had a chest infection, but was told its more than likely anxiety. i dont wanna go back again, and ask for meds to help me through so i was wondering if anyone knew of any remedies, or herbal medicines??

thanks

dan

linmaeski
10-27-2008, 12:01 PM
I've suffered from anxiety for about 6 years and have taken almost every anti-depressant out there. I started years ago on Zoloft (which at the time helped a lot), then went to Paxil (didn't do a darn thing for me), then was put on Prozac (which only helped for a little while) and now back on Zoloft. At first it wasn't doing much because I was taking a very low dose so over time my doc increased the dose little by little and now I am at 100mg. For a good couple of months I saw progress and felt semi-normal for once, but now my anxiety has skyrocketed and I am starting to believe these anti-depressants are just not the right thing for me. I don't know a whole lot about anxiety disorders because I have always left it in the doctor's hands thinking they are professionals and know what they are doing. Now I have started doing some immense research on Generalized Anxiety Disorder (which I believe I have) and started fishing around for answers. I am a single mom to a one year old and I know that my anxiety will never completely go away and not to mention the amount of stress in my life currently but I need to do something because I am jsut not myself. I am snappy to the people who care about me the most and I can barely have the patience to be a mother to my gorgeous son. Anyways I was wondering if anybody knew of some medications I could bring up to my doctor that might work. I take Xanax for when I get panic/anxiety attacks but I don't take it for any other reason besides the attacks because I don't like the way it makes me feel. I have been reading up on some different meds like BuSpar and Lexapro... anybody have any opinions on these or anything else I might want to ask my doc about? Thank you soooo much.

danieljdavies
10-30-2008, 10:24 AM
thanks for the reply

ive tried exercising recently but finding it hard to breathe (short breath) etc...

how long does this typically last for, and is there anythign that can be done for that?, or will it eventually go as the anxiety goes?

cheers