PDA

View Full Version : Generalised Anxiety Disorder

GAD101
11-15-2016, 11:02 AM
Hello everyone :) I've been suffering with generalised anxiety disorder for a while. is there anybody who also suffers from this? I've been through some terrible times lately but things are starting to get better. I started blogging which has helped me a lot, I'm really enjoying it. What does everybody else do to cope with their anxiety?

superchick22684
11-15-2016, 04:35 PM
I've never quite been given a label for my anxiety but I think I have a combination of gad and social anxiety. To cope with anxiety I avoid sugar and caffeine and try to eat healthily. I've found that listening to music and journaling is helpful at times too. Taking walks is something I enjoy as well and exercise is known to help with anxiety as well.

Anne1221
11-15-2016, 06:28 PM
My official diagnosis is anxiety, with depression being secondary to the anxiety. Medication helps, eating healthy helps, exercise helps and doing for others gets the focus off myself.

gypsylee
11-16-2016, 02:27 AM
Hi and welcome :)

I would say most people here have GAD. My official diagnosis from 1993 is "Major Depression" I think, but I definitely have GAD - more specifically Social Anxiety/Phobia - and probably something like Borderline Personality Disorder.

Blogging is a great idea. I kind of do that in the form of emailing my friend in Switzerland. I also take meds (SSRIs and benzos) and see a psychiatrist (who does a lot of "talk therapy"). The other thing that's made the biggest difference is avoiding alcohol (I'm a recovered alcoholic). Lots of other little things like listening to music, playing computer games, talking to people online..

Anyway, I hope you find it helpful here.

Cheers,
Gypsy x

diaz2121
11-24-2016, 02:47 AM
Hi, me too. I try to practice Yoga and CBT

metal4life
11-24-2016, 03:09 AM
Welcome home GAD101!

Well i got it too and the things i do to cope with it, play videogames and listen music,
is the only way to not think about anything but when i stop doing it, then it comes
back inmediatly. It pisses me of tbh

Draydon
11-24-2016, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the forum! I was initially diagnosed with Panic Disorder, then told it`s GAD and possibly a bit of Hypocondria. I to try to keep my mind busy with work, video games, walks in nature etc....