PDA

View Full Version : Why am I worrying about HIV in this case???

wingo22
11-07-2016, 05:24 PM
So my girlfriend and I have been getting closer and closer recently. We have thought about the idea of having sex. One of my biggest fears is HIV, and how it can be passed from person to person. She was willing to get a HIV test done at a sexual health clinic, she went and it came back all clear. I was happy. All of a sudden I had this fear that maybe she got HIV by going to this clinic and getting tested.

Is that possible? I know its not realistic, but I just need someone to convince me. For some reason I think that the needle they used to test her can cause HIV. That's not possible right? it should be a sterile environment...

gypsylee
11-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Haven't we been through this before? :rolleyes:

wingo22
11-07-2016, 05:44 PM
Haven't we been through this before? :rolleyes:

We have??????????

gypsylee
11-07-2016, 05:50 PM
LOL. Sorry if it was someone else but we had a very similar question a few months ago. I said it was impossible unless she went to a backyard doctor in a South African ghetto or something :)

wingo22
11-07-2016, 05:53 PM
LOL. Sorry if it was someone else but we had a very similar question a few months ago. I said it was impossible unless she went to a backyard doctor in a South African ghetto or something :)

Ok thanks. But why is it impossible??

gypsylee
11-07-2016, 06:02 PM
Because they would ALWAYS use new needles.

piatzseo
11-07-2016, 11:01 PM
Because they would ALWAYS use new needles. B*i đăng sao nhiều link thế. đừng spam nha bạn

Dahila
11-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Man you just have health anxiety, and if it is not HIV it will be colon cancer or any cancer, or brain eating ameba, We seen it all here. I agree with Gypsy

wingo22
11-08-2016, 04:57 PM
I know, but how do I get over this fear?

gypsylee
11-08-2016, 05:28 PM
Man you just have health anxiety, and if it is not HIV it will be colon cancer or any cancer, or brain eating ameba, We seen it all here. I agree with Gypsy

Oh HAHAHAHAHA I remember the brain-eating aemobas from the lake! But I thought this was the actual same post about HIV.

Dahila
11-08-2016, 06:27 PM
I am not sure Gypsy, I just wish people would do what I do when I join the forum. I read stickies and scan most of the threads the ones with more than 20 answers of course. It would safe on drama here.... yeah the brain eating ameba just killed me heheeeeeeeeeee

Anne1221
11-08-2016, 07:38 PM
We have been through this before and no one of the many posters can convince you that your girlfriend won't give you HIV. My best advice is not to have sex until you have sought out professional help for your anxiety that needs more than an answer on a forum.
The better question is why are you so convinced you are going to get HIV? I told you to check out the clinic and see if it's a good one. You have what I have and unfortunately it took me years of therapy but I'm finally better.

Anne1221
11-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Ask your family physician, a friend, a pharmacist if your girlfriend getting tested for HIV at a clinic can give you HIV? They will all say no. So, start at that point.

Dahila
11-08-2016, 07:56 PM
I do not know but sometimes it feels that new people come here to make fun of us............who knows what they play, OP is talking nonsense

Kirk
11-09-2016, 07:52 PM
I would just keep saying to yourself you are OK and will not get HIV as the testing place is safe.