PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo

Bridgie
01-09-2006, 11:55 AM
As some of you may know, a few months ago I fell down the back staircase while sleepwalking. But the weird thing is the week before, I started getting nervous going up and down the front staircase. It was almost like I had a premonition that I was going to fall.

So, now, when I am at the top of the staircase, I start to get vertigo and my FEET start tingling before I take a step on the first step! I have to clutch the railing to be able to take a step.

Does anybody else get this weird tingling feeling when they are anxious or nervous?

Oh, and doesn't help that both my dogs have to try and be right under my feet when I am going down the stairs!

:wail:

brickyard_red
01-10-2006, 06:24 AM
Hey Bridgie :)

Well, I can't say that I get this feeling on stairs all the time. Now if I'm high up and have to go down stairs to get down, then I do. But most of the time when I get the tingly feeling is when I'm going somewhere or doing something that I'm afraid to do. I think maybe it will go away with time as you see that you are not going to fall down the stairs like you did before. But, holding onto the railing isn't a bad idea. ;) Love ya.

Cath :)

anangel4me
01-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi there Bridgie. Yes, I can honestly say that I feel that way. I had to request for an apartment down stairs because of that. It seems so simple just to step down but to me, it seems a long way down. Silly I know but being down stairs has given me such relief.

Maggie May
01-12-2006, 03:12 AM
Hey Bridgie!

I was wondering if your dogs respond to the "go lie down!" command. If they do, or maybe even just "sit!" maybe they'll let you make your way downstairs safely. You totally have permission to do whatever you need to do to get down the stairs safely, including going down extremely slowly, taking breaks partway down, being prepared to sit down right away if you get dizzy, and to bump down the stairs one at a time on your bum if necessary. :)

Are your back stairs outside? I was thinking you could put a combination lock on the inside of the door and lock it at night, maybe you wouldn't be able to remember the combination when you're sleepwalking. Also, if they're indoor stairs you could put a bunch of pillows at the foot of the stairs just in case, and just step over them during the day.

We want to keep you safe and in one piece!

Love,

Maggie

Bridgie
01-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Thanks Maggie! My dogs are bad! They go scurring down the stairs barking because they think they are gonna get a snack! LOL I usually just hang on and wait til they are in front of me!

As far as the back staircase, it's inside, and there is a door connecting it to our bedroom. We always keep that door closed, but for some reason that night it was open. Of course the night I decided to go for a "walk." LOL