PDA

View Full Version : Always worried about health, please help.

Gingerbelle
08-25-2016, 07:07 PM
I worry about everything especially my health. I'm always concerned I will get cancer and am so scared of dying. Recently I was stuck with a used needle at work. ( tests were negative and I am not infected with anything.) That caused me to panic, I made my self so sick with worry. I was vomiting during the evening. It's very hard for me to vomit so it hurt. Now when I touch my left upper abdomen it hurts a little. When standing or walking it's sore but I can't tell if I'm making myself feel this way. Not bad just sore like. I have no other symptoms. I'm wondering if I strained my muscles from vomiting so hard. I have also been exercising on and off but not since the week before. Ibuprofen doesn't alleviate the soreness. So of course I google it and read the worst. I'm to scared to see a doctor. I hope someone has something that will help.

Bballjay
08-25-2016, 09:38 PM
Hi Gingerbelle,

I have had this type of anxiety for a long while, always afraid of getting sick or ill, I know the feeling of not wanting to see a doctor as well because you fear the worst but in reality it is the best thing to do, most of the time they put it down to something so simple and if they are unsure they will send you for tests, I have been to many doctors for second and third opinions because I didn't trust the first doctor. I can remember I was once so scared I was going to have a heart attack I gave myself chest pain just thinking about it and likewise with brain tumours, I was so scared I was going to get one because I read on google that a headache is a sign of a brain tumour which was the silliest thing to read but it made me scared and worried myself sick about it that I would constantly think about trying not to get a headache that I would get a headache - its an interesting thing our brains do. Best thing I can suggest is go see a doctor, I understand it is scary and you fear the worst but its for you're own piece of mind. If I told you all the things I went to the doctors for because i was worried, you'd have a laugh.

All the best