PDA

View Full Version : New and reaching out...

TallDrinkofWater
04-28-2016, 02:11 PM
Hi.....so I thought reaching out and speaking to people maybe going through the same as me might be a positive thing....I've been suffering with anxiety and depression for just over 2 years after an accident involving my dad. I was told when i first saw my doctor that it was "situational anxiety" and prescribed me meds and sent me to counselling, both of which i found really worked for me....after about 8 months i felt secure enough in my progress to come off the meds and all went well....for about 3 months and then it came back, way worse than before and with depression so much worse than i experienced before. I'm back on the medication now (from what i understand its really low dose and pretty mild) but its just not working this time around, I'm strugging so much with college and i only have a month left, I'm completely isolating myself any time i can, I'm irritable and snappy whenever i cant just lay in bed and I'm so tired i can barely keep my eyes open most of the time but then when it comes to trying to sleep? IMPOSSIBLE! I'm just exhausted and frustrated and while i definitely dont have suicidal thoughts i do think alot about how I'd like to just go away for a while, just a break from this just for a while!
I'm working hard on doing loads of mindfulness exercises, I'm making myself go for walks to try to help me sleep....I'm struggling and just need to hear someone say they get it. I'm exhausted of constantly struggling against the tide

SanFranLarry
04-28-2016, 07:48 PM
I get it and I think everyone to suffers from anxiety gets it. You are definitely not alone.

Kirk
04-28-2016, 07:53 PM
I think we all feel the way you do sometimes. College can really stress you out, so once you are done,
your anxiety level should drop.