PDA

View Full Version : Pins and Needles

Spartacus1983
02-27-2016, 10:11 AM
So for about two weeks I was having some major anxiety, I got the usually tightness and shaky legs which I am used to. I have never had such an extended period of anxiety though. After the 2nd week of my high anxiety state I started feeling pins and needles in my feet and hands. Two doctors have told me this is related to my anxiety. I've been panic and anxiety free for 4 or 5 days now but I am still getting the pins and needles everywhere randomly. Has anyone else had this happen? I can understand getting these feelings when I am anxious but I've been having them even when I am relaxed. My main question is, is it common to have pins and needles for long periods of time after a major anxiety attack?

Thank you advance for your responses.

jessed03
02-27-2016, 11:13 AM
It's very, very common.

Anxiety affects blood pressure and even blood flow in general. Things like pins and needles, feeling warm and cold, and tingling are part and parcel of the condition.

Spartacus1983
02-27-2016, 11:36 AM
It's very, very common.

Anxiety affects blood pressure and even blood flow in general. Things like pins and needles, feeling warm and cold, and tingling are part and parcel of the condition.

Thank you for your response. This is the first time I've had this symptom. I'm trying to stay relaxed so I'm hoping it goes away soon! A sensation like this is a great wake up call to be more proactive about getting my anxiety under control.

celiacruz12
03-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Ive begun to feel these needle sensations aswell in the past few weeks. After a major panic attack. It is very disconcerning im getting an MRI of my brain and EEG hopefully all is fine. Keep me updated on any progression please. Ill do the same. :)

Spartacus1983
03-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Ive begun to feel these needle sensations aswell in the past few weeks. After a major panic attack. It is very disconcerning im getting an MRI of my brain and EEG hopefully all is fine. Keep me updated on any progression please. Ill do the same. :)

Oh wow, getting an MRI, were you able to just request one? I am going to see a neurologist in two weeks. Let me know how your MRI turns out!

celiacruz12
03-02-2016, 08:03 AM
Oh wow, getting an MRI, were you able to just request one? I am going to see a neurologist in two weeks. Let me know how your MRI turns out!

The neurologist requested the mri. ill be sure to let you know the results. have u had a blood test to rule out any thyroid problems or vitamin deficiencies? my primary care physician ordered those test as well.

Spartacus1983
03-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Yes, I've had a blood test. No thyroid issues and I am not anemic...Though I'm not sure they tested for vitamin deficiencies. How long do you have to wait to have your MRI? I'm seeing a neurologist soon and I am anxious for them to take a look at my brain!

celiacruz12
03-02-2016, 08:55 AM
Yes, I've had a blood test. No thyroid issues and I am not anemic...Though I'm not sure they tested for vitamin deficiencies. How long do you have to wait to have your MRI? I'm seeing a neurologist soon and I am anxious for them to take a look at my brain!

I went to the neurologist thursday and I'm having my mri today at 12 noon!!! Ive had 2 MRIs before but they always came back fine. Sucks i have to wait till tuesday to get my EEG :( but hopefully its not just another "Your symptoms are due to your anxiety" speech from the doc :)

Spartacus1983
03-02-2016, 11:28 AM
I went to the neurologist thursday and I'm having my mri today at 12 noon!!! Ive had 2 MRIs before but they always came back fine. Sucks i have to wait till tuesday to get my EEG :( but hopefully its not just another "Your symptoms are due to your anxiety" speech from the doc :)

Oh wow...They got you in fast! Please keep me posted on your results. And When I go in to see mine I will update you as well :)

celiacruz12
03-04-2016, 07:31 PM
hey, how are your symptoms? is it getting better?

Spartacus1983
03-05-2016, 11:14 AM
hey, how are your symptoms? is it getting better?
Well...the tingling has been getting better but now I'm struggling with having a tight chest/back....probably because I've been stressing too much.
How about your symptoms? Did the MRI go well?

celiacruz12
03-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Well...the tingling has been getting better but now I'm struggling with having a tight chest/back....probably because I've been stressing too much.

The neddle pain is getting worse. but I still need the eeg so the doc can give me the results.

celiacruz12
03-08-2016, 11:48 AM

Just had my eeg, the doc said there is nothing wrong with me, the MRI and eeg are clean. He said to just not pay attention to it. Any progress on your part?

NoMoreAnxiety1030
03-08-2016, 11:56 AM
It is very common to have pins and needles for long periods of time after an anxiety/panic attack. I had my first panic attack on August 8, 2015 and the pins and needle sensation lingered around for months. I would get them in my legs, hands, feet, and even around my lips at times. Once I took my eased my mind from letting it scare me, they slowly disappeared. I still get the sensation from time to time though. Hand in there. We will beat this horrid disease!!!

mr.navarro1
03-08-2016, 11:28 PM
So for about two weeks I was having some major anxiety, I got the usually tightness and shaky legs which I am used to. I have never had such an extended period of anxiety though. After the 2nd week of my high anxiety state I started feeling pins and needles in my feet and hands. Two doctors have told me this is related to my anxiety. I've been panic and anxiety free for 4 or 5 days now but I am still getting the pins and needles everywhere randomly. Has anyone else had this happen? I can understand getting these feelings when I am anxious but I've been having them even when I am relaxed. My main question is, is it common to have pins and needles for long periods of time after a major anxiety attack?

Thank you advance for your responses.

I have a similar problem. I get burning hives on my hands and wrist and pins/nerve pain in feet when I get stressed. Staying relaxed and stopping myself from over reactions helps. It's not easy though..

Spartacus1983
03-15-2016, 04:56 PM
Just had my eeg, the doc said there is nothing wrong with me, the MRI and eeg are clean. He said to just not pay attention to it. Any progress on your part?

I'm glad to hear that you are ok. I actually never went in to the Neurologist. My focused changed when there was some abnormalities with my liver blood tests. An ultrasound showed benign cysts which was an incredible relief. I am still struggling though with very weak legs and a high resting heart rate which then makes the anxiety worse because all I can concetrate on is the rapid beating of my heart which then makes my chest tight and whatnot. There were a few days where I literally thought I was going to die. Then last week I saw an excellent therapist and he made me feel amazing. I am still struggling from time to time but the doctor proscribed xanax with I have been taking in small doses the past few days. Let me tell you, it works...Well for me it does so far. I feel a bit sluggish when I take it but it sure helps me to stop worrying about a million things at once. I may get that MRI one day but the tingling went away for the most part so I am assuming it was a symptom of anxiety.

Spartacus1983
04-08-2016, 04:41 PM
So two months after I started getting the tingling, pins and needles and nerve pain I finally had an MRI done. Tests came back clean. No neurological issues. I suppose I need to accept that anxiety can do some pretty terrible things to our bodies.

James Waide
04-11-2016, 06:09 PM
I am coping with anxiety with the Natural pen. It has been a God Send.
I got tired of the "happy pills" and knew there had to be a all natural remedy for anxiety.
Try it 1693
www.naturallyAnxietyFree.com

lcc
04-12-2016, 09:34 AM
I had major tingling and pain in my feet and ankles when I was first 'diagnosed' with anxiety. It was worrying but it went away after a few weeks!

scalise530
03-29-2017, 02:38 PM
Hi Everyone, I stumbled across this thread incidentally after what I can only describe as a bizarre episode of "nerve" pain last night that lasted for a few hours. I had electric shock sensations in the upper part of my foot that were quite intense and very brief and lasted maybe a few hours total. I have suffered from extreme health anxiety for many years but never had this feeling before. Just had my physical a few weeks ago and all my bloodwork was completely normal so I have a hard time believing this is something related to my kidneys or liver. Does this at all sound similar to what you experienced? Knock on wood so far today I've felt fine but I am very nervous about what could have caused these sensations.