PDA

View Full Version : What's the one thing you do that makes your SA better?

springwater
12-29-2015, 12:45 AM
I'm sure we all have a go-to source for improving their SA. Personally, I listen to empowering music and lectures on YouTube for hours before an important event. About an hour before, I take 5mg-10mg of propranolol and I can handle nearly any conversation for the next 2-3 hours. So, what's your 'one thing' ?

Ponder
12-29-2015, 04:00 AM
Good question. TY.
I also do similar with youtube minus the pills; but mores the power to you if it helps.

I try to find Space to both focus and unwind. Plan ahead also helps, but not overdoing it with too much thought.

Nice to meet you.

jessed03
12-29-2015, 12:26 PM
Meditation helps me a lot. I'm usually kinda reserved. If I get into the habit of meditation though, I find I naturally open up. I guess I feel more connected to myself and the people and things around me.

springwater
12-29-2015, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the advice! I have also had some luck with opening up by meditating and supplementing with Tianeptine (very safe neuroprotector and mood enhancer) as well as Semax/Selank from Russia. I'm big on the supplement side as I like to have instant results on an as-needed basis.

Dahila
12-29-2015, 01:41 PM
I found that selling my products and talking to people about them is incredibly easy. I forget about SA , it comes later on but I hope it will improve with time. Maybe because i am very passionate about it. I do not know, it is easy after first hour

MainerMikeBrown
12-29-2015, 04:24 PM
Hiding my shaking, trembling hands in my pockets so nobody notices is one thing I do to keep myself calmer in social situations.

Zena
12-30-2015, 03:15 AM
I find wearing shades somewhat helpful...the way they dim everyone and everything around me. I also feel more mysterious and cool when I'm rockin' those bad boyz.

philknightlife
01-04-2016, 04:57 AM
I worked through a great social anxiety workbook, when I stopped drinking 12 years ago. I think it was called something like The Social Anxiety Workbook or something. It had page by page exercises that you had to go out and do. It really helped me a lot.

buffydawn
01-04-2016, 11:13 AM
The music definitely helps me, tho i have to be careful or I'll consume myself in it! I have struggled with SA for a very long time and recently have been getting better with it. I find exercise helps and copious amounts of time outside. Whether it be walking the local trails and photographing everything beautiful i see! Or just sitting on my porch with my headphones on.

The Intolerable Kid
01-08-2016, 05:57 AM
There's more than one thing, but a major factor is taking time off from work. Stress, back pain, insomnia, and anxiety all decrease. Going back causes a sharp rise in all these problems. Sleeping the night before returning even from a weekend is next to impossible because I'm dreading what could be waiting for me.

Breez
01-28-2016, 04:24 AM
Great question. My go-to thing is mediation and power-posing. There's aTED talk on power-posing and how it affects your mood and people's perception of you. You can look up Amy Cuddy and listen to her lecture. It'll only take 2 minutes and it works for me. For meditation, I do it for 5 minutes before I go to sleep. I tend to get really good sleep if I meditate right before.

salvator here
01-28-2016, 05:34 PM
I suppose what it boiled down to for me, was to remove the pressure to be the life of the part when around people. When I go out into public, if I'm not feeling confident or upbeat that day, I won't force myself to have to run into people. If I have to attend a group or gathering, I just allow myself to be approachable and friendly with a smile, this way people might feel like they want to talk to me. More often than not now, I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself when I feeling anxious.

RoderickLariviere
01-29-2016, 06:43 AM
Meditation helped me too. I feel quite calm, relaxed body and mind, fresh mood and good thoughts after meditation.

salvator here
02-16-2016, 02:15 AM
Great question. My go-to thing is mediation and power-posing. There's aTED talk on power-posing and how it affects your mood and people's perception of you. You can look up Amy Cuddy and listen to her lecture. It'll only take 2 minutes and it works for me. For meditation, I do it for 5 minutes before I go to sleep. I tend to get really good sleep if I meditate right before.I just now googled this (power-posing), and I did indeed find this interesting. I have to tend to agree with this, as people will perceive what they see on the outside. I think this is pretty much how the game of life goes, actually. I (still) wonder, if we fake it until we make it, will we draw a successful energy towards us, and in turn, become successful?

salvator here
02-16-2016, 09:56 PM
Scratch that actually, I thought about it and I don't believe that is attracts any different energy than just staying optimistic. However, I do think power-posing is good overall, even if for no other reason that given enough time of "going through the motions", it should sink in and start to take hold.