PDA

View Full Version : Did I get it wrong about the GAD forum?

cloudy black
12-22-2015, 04:44 AM
Yesterday I came back from a particularly tough counselling session and I decided to go onto the GAD forum and that for me was the last straw…

I came to this forum for help and support for myself and where I can, offer support to others. I am just an ordinary person struggling with anxiety and depression. I didn’t come here to experience hostility.

This post and previous 2 posts does not support. it attacks and does its best to destroy anything that was mentioned in my post. It was verbally and pictorially aggressive and a frequent stream of offensive language. I was given to believe that this is not allowed and that people should not be verbally aggressive to one another. And so I was shocked and upset by this and VERY angry and have needed to calm down.

I have lost my confidence in this forum and I think for me it is broken… and with the run up to christmas… it is not good I already feel terrible and this forum has added to this and I do hope that I can get through christmas. as I am looking into a deep black pit of nothing and now I feel the brief light from a match stick has been snuffed out.

Has anyone else had this experience here or on other anxiety/depression forums

i would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has been supportive to me

Im-Suffering
12-22-2015, 07:01 AM
You get what you expect. There is no other main rule. You still do not realize that you create your own reality. Your peers are merely a mirror or reflection of your own thoughts and feelings. You are meant to judge your reality based on intimate feedback from your environment. If you don't like what your experiencing you must change your beliefs. Not look to change anything outside yourself.

Understanding this, examine your internal environment and you will see that it faithfully matches the physical. It creates the physical and is the main reason for your anxiety. You not only fear your dark emotions, but those repressed feelings create an overall fearful experience day to day, and a depressive state as well.

I am talking directly to you here, so listen up, you may never hear it again. This post could change your life, all around.

Anne1221
12-23-2015, 10:47 AM
Some people are friendly and grateful and others may be hostile. Someone told me that you can "block" certain members and that way you don't see their posts. That's what I've done with the negative people. It shows up as: "This message is hidden because (so and so) is on your ignore list".

Ponder
12-23-2015, 12:12 PM
Excellent Point Anne.