PDA

View Full Version : Which implant should I use- zirconia implants or titanium implants?

msouza
12-08-2015, 05:35 AM
I’m 50 years old and I miss most of my teeth due to gum disease. I don’t want to lose any of my remaining teeth. I’m really worried about it so I’ve planned to go to Centenary Dental Clinic in Toronto for getting dental implants. Which implant should I use- zirconia implants or titanium implants? I would be grateful if you could share your experience with these two implants. Thanks in advance!

MiST
12-08-2015, 05:38 AM
Wouldn't it be better to talk to your dental professional regarding your options?

msouza
12-08-2015, 05:45 AM
Thanks for your reply. I have got appointment for Wednesday and I will surely ask him about it.

Dahila
12-08-2015, 01:27 PM
titanium the loved so much metal used as dental implants, also they put it into bones, when crashed. Titanium is hard but warm metal and very flexible. In years I worked in Dental Zirconia implants?
Titanium implants are much more versatile than zirconia because they can be made as one piece or two-piece systems. In two-piece systems, the implant replaces the root and is generally placed at the level of the underlying bone. Attached to this is a post or abutment—the part that sticks through the gums and is used to support or attach the teeth.b titanium was the option. Two piece systems are a lot more versatile and offer many more options prosthetically. They can be used for overdentures (removable teeth) that snap into place as well as permanent teeth that are cemented or screwed onto the implants. Additionally, the implant can even be placed slightly off-angle and an angled or customized post can be fitted to correct it. Zirconium implants can also be modified if they are slightly off but are not as prosthetically ideal as what can be done with a separate post.
Zirconium implants (the implant body and the post or abutment) on the other hand, are made as one piece. Therefore, the only option for the prosthetics is to cement the teeth into place. Secondly, there is very little room for error—one has to be very careful not to place an implant at an improper location or angle. Therefore surgical placement and volume of bone is absolutely critical.

In some cases, I have placed implants to find the bone is less than ideal. With titanium implants, I am often able to place the implant, leave it buried under the gums and graft the area simultaneously. If it had been a zirconium implant which sticks above the gums, the ability to graft would be reduced or risky, and may need to do a separate procedure first to ensure the bone is 100%.

I had fixed the dental attachment for years, it is quick fix and it needs just few implants so the denture can stay so well that you would not think it is denture. It gives you the flexibility and cost is less. If you go with full implant, tooth on the top, it will cost you a lot from 2.500 to 4.000 depens what place you do it. But good luck with it:)) You are too young to walk around without the teeth :))