PDA

View Full Version : Hi

kallie915
10-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm a little new to this forum thing. I figured maybe it'd be a good place where I can get some help, or at least talk to people who understand what I'm going through. Maybe even accept me for my flaws. I've had anxiety/panic disorder since I was a young girl. I'm 22 now and I still struggle with it daily. In fact, I feel a bit nervous to be typing this message. I used avoid my anxiety before it got to the point where I needed to be medicated. I'm trying to try new things to help ease the stress of it all, but I guess that isn't really working. I've always told myself that I can do it alone, but I guess this is me reaching out to someone because it's easier to talk to people who understand. Anyway, I hope this thing helps. If it doesn't help me, then maybe I can try helping someone else.

Thanks!

Shamrocker
10-08-2015, 02:23 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a little new to this forum thing. I figured maybe it'd be a good place where I can get some help, or at least talk to people who understand what I'm going through. Maybe even accept me for my flaws. I've had anxiety/panic disorder since I was a young girl. I'm 22 now and I still struggle with it daily. In fact, I feel a bit nervous to be typing this message. I used avoid my anxiety before it got to the point where I needed to be medicated. I'm trying to try new things to help ease the stress of it all, but I guess that isn't really working. I've always told myself that I can do it alone, but I guess this is me reaching out to someone because it's easier to talk to people who understand. Anyway, I hope this thing helps. If it doesn't help me, then maybe I can try helping someone else.

Thanks!

Hi Kallie

It can be quite disabling. I was diagnosed with general anxiety a few weeks ago and even starting treatment was a huge step for me. The side effects of the meds isnt really helping but my support system is great. Just like you, I am new to this forum but it really helps knowing you're not alone. If you ever feel like talking, know here's a whole community of people for you to guide and advise you.

kallie915
10-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Thank you! That means a lot!