PDA

View Full Version : question for the ladies

SakuraFett
09-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Ok so this is an odd question but I'm freaking the f*ck out right now. I am having the first ever(to my knowledge) almost crampless period in my life. I had some minor warning cramps last night and I thought they were my usual 2 day warning cramps but when I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom. Surprise! I've started my period. I'm really freaking out worrying that this is a sign of ovarian cancer or something crazy. The only thing new that I've been doing is that the past two weeks I've been working out and dieting. And by dieting I've been cutting calories and just generally eating healthier. Can exercise and cutting calories make my cramps go away? If so I'm never going to stop this....

needtogetwell
09-04-2015, 02:11 AM
Enjoy it while it lasts! Your improved diet could very well be helping with the cramps. If you are increasing the vegetables in your diet you are naturally increasing your magnesium intake which helps so much with all forms of muscle cramping.

Keep up the good diet! See if next month you have the same experience. I hope it lasts for you.

Cheers!

SakuraFett
09-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the reply. I do think it was the combination of my new diet and exercise that really helped because I finally started getting some cramps yesterday and so I went for a walk and the cramps never came back after the walk. The cramps still were never as bad as they usually are which is something I am now extremely grateful for. This is a huge reason to continue on the track I'm on with improving my health. Three months without a cigarette and now working on losing all the weight I gained from quitting should make me healthier than I have been since before I even started smoking.

kio
09-05-2015, 10:23 AM
Ok so this is an odd question but I'm freaking the f*ck out right now. I am having the first ever(to my knowledge) almost crampless period in my life. I had some minor warning cramps last night and I thought they were my usual 2 day warning cramps but when I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom. Surprise! I've started my period. I'm really freaking out worrying that this is a sign of ovarian cancer or something crazy. The only thing new that I've been doing is that the past two weeks I've been working out and dieting. And by dieting I've been cutting calories and just generally eating healthier. Can exercise and cutting calories make my cramps go away? If so I'm never going to stop this....

Hi :)
I've read various times, that having a healthier lifestyle will reduce the severity of cramps for some people. I have horrible and severe cramps, and often feel I should try to have a healthier lifestyle, exercise, etc. Sometimes I just have periods that are just different though; sometimes practically crampless which is weird for me, and sometimes longer and shorter cycles too. The menstrual cycle is very easily effected by life style changes, and even other factors, such as stress, and even seasons believe it or not! In fact I've also read high intakes of unhealthy foods, such as salty/caffeine can actually worsen cramps, so staying away from them may benefit monthly cramps. I see exactly where you are coming from though - last year my period came really early, and I thought I was experiencing irregular bleeding and also thought I had ovarian cancer. Turns out it was my period; just it was a little off that month for some reason, but I was experiencing a lot of anxiety prior to that. Hope this helps and I wish you all the best! Try not to worry and enjoy a cramp - free period! :) xx